LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Standard GP200 exhaust options

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Standard GP200 exhaust options

Postby Wombat67 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:23 pm

I need to replace my exhaust on my standard GP200 and wondered what the current thinking was on the various standard exhausts available? I could go with a clubman (think anything over that is overkill) but having looked at previous threads I'm not sure it would be any improvement over a standard box on a bog standard machine.
Thanks
Wombat67

Re: Standard GP200 exhaust options

Postby tim_mason » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:56 pm

I would use a 42mm clubman, easy to fit and should give a small increase in performance,and also cheap as chips , AF/KBA,
i always have a spare exhaust as they are so plentiful and cost nothing second hand off Ebay ETC.
tim_mason

Postby dickie » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:26 am

I think this is interesting. It's on a slightly tuned gt186, so can probably rev higher than yours but still, it's a useful comparison.
The clubman is in red and the standard one in blue.
Worth noting that a standard pipe out-performs the clubman up to about 4000rpm.

dickie

Postby Wombat67 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Cheers all, I presume that graph comes from the Scootering test a few years ago. I've re read it a couple of times now however, a new exhaust will have to go on the back burner as removing the old exhaust revealed a couple of studs sheared off at the chaincase face. As they were flush I couldnt use a stud remover so resorted to drilling and using LH stud extractor bit. Would they budge, would they heck (even with plenty of penetrating oil etc), suffice to say I then managed to shear the bit off again at the chaincase face so back to square one with getting the damn things out !!!
Wombat67

Postby dickie » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:47 am

That's a bummer. I'd be giving that to a machine shop, personally.

If there's half a drill bit stuck in there, it's not something you can drill out in your garage.

And yes, it is from scootering magazine.
dickie

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3