LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Wiring help

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Wiring help

Postby steveg » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:13 am

I received this email. If you can help please let me know and I'll put you in touch or pass on info

My name is Angelo, and I live in Italy.

I own a 1963 Lambretta Li 125 and a 1987 Serveta Jet 200 (identical to the Lambretta Sx 200).

Please, I’m writing to you to ask, if possible, for help regarding the electrical system of my Serveta 200.

Wanting to improve the terrible lighting of this scooter, I decided to carry out the project suggested on this your LCGB web-page, and improve the system from 6 V to 12 V.

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/12v.html?fb ... jvyF1PxeT0

As soon as I started the job, I noticed that the colors of the wires that come out of the stator and go to the regulator Motoplat don't correspond to the colors of the wires published in your project "Easy 12V lighting".

From the stator of my Serveta come out one green (to the points), two yellows (alternating current) and one red (positive pole?).

In the project scheme, however, a brown, a green, a purple and a pink come out of the stator.

Excluding the green, which is for the points, could you give me suggestions to understand something about the other three wires?

Here I send you an image where you’ll see a picture of my Motoplat regulator, the diagram of my Serveta, and the diagram published in the modification project published on your web-page.

Any suggestions will be welcome, Thanks!
steveg

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3