LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Replacement / remade legshields

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Replacement / remade legshields

Postby bookertmgs1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:22 pm

Can anyone recommend a supplier of remade legshields ?

Who’s doing the best ones? Scootopia ones seem to be cheaper than most places and claim to be the best ones available - can anyone verify this?

Any advice gratefully received
bookertmgs1

Re: Replacement / remade legshields

Postby citydaz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:38 pm

Based on previous purchases from Scootopia I wouldn't advise any major purchases from that company
citydaz

Postby alex_hughes » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:13 am

You might want to check if they have pressings with the brake pedal hole in the right place, certainly some of their earlier legshields needed work in this area.
alex_hughes

Postby gizmo » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:42 am

Presume your looking for series 3 ones. Had experience of GP ones. Not been brilliant. I always try and find a half decent used set. May cost a bit more in long term getting them back to usable but at least you know they will fit. A good metal Smith/ panel beater can work wonders. Biggest problems finding a decent set to start with
gizmo

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:11 am

Thanks for the replies - I'll start searching for some decent originals

If anyone does have a set hanging around that they want to sell then please send me a PM - Series 3 Chrome Ring
bookertmgs1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3