LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gear end plate dowel repair?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Gear end plate dowel repair?

Postby Brez » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi all, Just got down to removing the gearbox from my series 3 li125. I found the nuts not as tight as I would have expected and one stud had either been fitted incorrectly or had wandered out and was sitting higher. There is also slight play in the locations pin holes, the end plate can move slightly when placed in.

Do I need the locating pin holes looking at ? Can anyone recommend where the work can be done?

Thanks in advance

Forgot to say as far as I'm aware they are a matching set.
Brez

Re: Gear end plate dowel repair?

Postby Norrie Bodge » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:53 pm

Brez wrote:Hi all, Just got down to removing the gearbox from my series 3 li125. I found the nuts not as tight as I would have expected and one stud had either been fitted incorrectly or had wandered out and was sitting higher. There is also slight play in the locations pin holes, the end plate can move slightly when placed in.

Do I need the locating pin holes looking at ? Can anyone recommend where the work can be done?

Thanks in advance

Forgot to say as far as I'm aware they are a matching set.

AF Rayspeed, watch this will help - https://youtu.be/oidS7kxkBck?si=ZE4f-1X7KoxSCgd5
Norrie Bodge

Postby Brez » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:48 pm

Superb thanks
Brez

Postby Cgt75b » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:47 am

Contact MB developments.
Cgt75b

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:28 am

I had a Jet 200 casing that was badly battered around the mag side and also needed a couple of the end plate holes welding and retapping. MB did a very good job, in my opinion, and when I built the engine and completed an air leak test, it was the most air tight engine I have built.

When you say a stud has come out, is that because the threads in the casing have stripped?
Storkfoot

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3