LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

6v Lighting

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

6v Lighting

Postby Martinfield27 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:40 pm

Hi, hope someone can help. Just purchased a recently imported series 3 Li. Mechanically it's great having gone through everything. My problem is the lighting. I have changed the stator cable, new headlight and switch, new earth cable on rear light and from the coil to flywheel. New brake light switch and I am still having problems. Both elements lighting up in tail light, sometimes headlight sometimes not. I have also earthed the speedo bulb as per Stickys manual. It's an early series 3 with single wire brake switch and Becme rectifier non battery. All the bulbs are correct 6v. Only thing I haven't changed is the rear light back, wiring loom is original but in good shape.
Thanks in advance
Martinfield27

Re: 6v Lighting

Postby nickw » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:19 am

Sorry I cannot really help except to say check the earth wiring.
A hello to the forum. A sensible adult will be along soon I guess with a better answer
nickw

Postby hullygully » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:31 am

why did you change the original wiring items?
& from where bud?
hullygully

Postby gp200ts1 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:34 pm

Have you got a good earth from frame to engine? Also try running it all from a battery without the stator connected as it’s easier to play around with the electrics without stopping and starting the scoot all the time.
gp200ts1

Postby Martinfield27 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:27 pm

Thank you.Unfortunately the items I replaced were broken or damaged. Items came from various places, Scooter restorations and Scootopia. Have now changed the main earth cable from coil and rear light earth cable. Beginning to wonder if the rectifier is at fault.
Martinfield27

Postby dickie » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:05 pm

Can you post a photo? I've got several becme regulators, but I don't know which type you mean exactly.
dickie

Postby henrun » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:43 pm

If it has a Carello rear light unit as many early series threes had, the earth often makes poor contact as it is attached to a unit that sits inside the rear light casing. I'm probably explaining this poorly but I had loads of problems with the lights on my points 63 TV but when I improved the contact between the body of the Carello rear light housing and the peened over bulb holder all my earthing issues were solved. I might get kicked off this forum for admitting how I did it but a small self tapping screw now ensures perfect contact.
henrun

Postby Martinfield27 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:22 pm

Thanks for the help. Now managed to get it sorted. Rear earth was not great so made up a new cable.
Martinfield27

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3