LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Speedo inner cable

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Speedo inner cable

Postby Revvers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello. Can anyone tell me who sells the longest and best quality speedo inner cable for a series 3 please
Revvers

Re: Speedo inner cable

Postby St George » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:31 pm

I got a good one from Scooter Restorations.
St George

Postby lambrettatastic » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 pm

rimini have new old stock for 12 pounds.....you don't get better than that!
lambrettatastic

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:29 pm

lambrettatastic wrote:rimini have new old stock for 12 pounds.....you don't get better than that!

Not sure if I agree with that as my "original" speedo cables used to snap very regularly in the early 70's and I have never had one break in the last 17 years so I suppose the metal technology has improved somewhat therefore I would plump for the best of the new ones,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Cgt75b » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
lambrettatastic wrote:rimini have new old stock for 12 pounds.....you don't get better than that!

Not sure if I agree with that as my "original" speedo cables used to snap very regularly in the early 70's and I have never had one break in the last 17 years so I suppose the metal technology has improved somewhat therefore I would plump for the best of the new ones,

Rich'

You've been running a speedo cable for 17 years without it snapping ! That must be a record :( :lol:
Cgt75b

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Cgt75b wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:

Rich'

You've been running a speedo cable for 17 years without it snapping ! That must be a record :( :lol:

Lol, probably cos most of the time the worm or the drive is knackered ;)
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby TS1-200 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Cgt75b wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:

Rich'

Obviously don`t ride fast enough :D
TS1-200

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3