LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Frame dimensions

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Frame dimensions

Postby Scooter Paul » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm dry building a SX150. Although the main leg shield struts are looking good I'm not happy with the footboard hangers. I believe they should be 400mm apart centre hole to centre hole does anyone have a readable diagram that shows centre hole to centre hole main leg shield strut to footboard hanger. I've tried google and search on here but the best I can see might be 445mm but it's hard to read from the diagram I've found. Thanks,

Paul
Scooter Paul

Re: Frame dimensions

Postby Dimitrios_231 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:59 pm

445mm plus or minus 1mm,is the centre of the hole distance between footboard support and stand cross member.

400mm the distance between the two footboard supports (left and right).
Dimitrios_231

Postby Scooter Paul » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Many thanks. I did read it right then. I've got it so the gaps between the leg shield and foot boards is equal (parallel) but now the ends of the foot boards have a gap at the end between the board and side panel. Doesn't look right. I don't know how to post pics but the only series three I have at he moment doesn't have these gaps at the end. Otherwise it all looks straight and true.

Paul
Scooter Paul

Postby Scooter Paul » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Panic over. Brain engaged! I'd not accounted for the fact that the footboard leg panel buffers weren't fitted. That extra bit of curve they add to the side panel takes up the gap.

Paul
Scooter Paul

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3