LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

BGM LED rear light and headlight problems

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

BGM LED rear light and headlight problems

Postby bob » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi guys
I fitted a BGM LED rear light unit to my mates SX last week, all rear lights worked fine, headlight brighter, no dimming when braking and horn louder, happy days. Went out as usual Thursday night and no problems.

My mate noticed after a day or so that the LED unit was not sitting square inside the rear lense so taped the LED unit to the back plate, since then he has been repeatedly blowing his halogen bulbs, they go as soon as he turns the lights on, any suggestions
bob

Re: BGM LED rear light and headlight problems

Postby mark1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

is it sorting out? can you put a piece of rubber to insulate it the try it again. perhaps cut a piece of old inner tube up to stop any chance of it sorting out through the frame?
mark1

Postby bob » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:00 pm

He's just given it a try with the LED unit held away from the back plate so it couldn't short out and it's blown his last bulb
bob

Postby duncan1958 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:55 pm

It could be completely non related to the rear LED unit just by bad luck something else is playing up.
I would remove the LED unit then check all wiring in the headset
Check the LED unit off the scooter.
Put old bulb holder back in the rear,yet another bulb in the front (those things are too dam expensive ) to save on halogen bulbs a cheaper/ normal bulb could be used to test things out or a volt meter hooked up in place of bulb.
Not sure what setting to have meter on mind you,I would start with volts and see if there is a surge of power over the 12v.
duncan1958

Postby coaster » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:47 am

You really need to get a meter so that you can check the voltage as mentioned. You don't say what sort of electrics it has, I'm assuming 12 volt electronic? If so that it's possible that the voltage regulator is faulty. I wouldn't bother messing about testing with other bulbs, you can pick up a usable digital multi-meter for around £10 on ebay or Maplin for a bit more.
coaster

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3