LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Vapour blasting

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Vapour blasting

Postby Omega 7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 am

Just bought a bare engine casing that has at some time been painted, a lot of the paint has come off. Would vapour blasting take the rest of the paint off and how much would I expect to pay to get the casing done.
Omega 7

Re: Vapour blasting

Postby Scooter Paul » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Vapour blasting will get it off and I pay £60 for casing , flywheel case and side case. It depends on how corroded the alloy is. I clean off all the muck first.

Paul
Scooter Paul

Postby burnside » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:15 pm

A guy near Norwich does it and he charges by the half hour so cost depends on how long it will take to remove the paint (which it will). He did my engine casing and a couple of other parts for me and it cost around £80 if I remember correctly but the casing had a lot of grime so it took a bit longer than normal but I was impressed with the end result. Keeping it clean however is another thing!
burnside

Postby Knowledge » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:18 pm

I just had a side casing done by Suffolk Blast Clean. Lovely job, and £22.

I suppose it depends where you live.......
Knowledge

Postby Omega 7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the replies, I had a quote from a place in Chester, £90 to dip the casing to remove the paint then vapour blast the casing and chain case cover. This also includes repairing one of the 8mm stud holes so I suppose that's not a bad price.
Omega 7

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3