LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 2 kickstart

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 2 kickstart

Postby Sunbeam » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi

I have a series 2 li125 and I am trying to source a replacement or original kickstart lever for it.

All the replacements never seem to match the originals in the fact that they finish level or below the footboard.

I am after one that finishes above the footboard as the original. Anyone know who sells a quality matching replacement? Or have an original for sale.

Thanks
Sunbeam

Re: Series 2 kickstart

Postby foremanbob » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:01 am

Try contacting Buzzsolomoto in Halifax.....
foremanbob

Postby Toddy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:48 am

foremanbob wrote:Try contacting Buzzsolomoto in Halifax.....

Ive used Antonys Kicstarts the Series 2 to suit a Series 3 engine with the longer plate on to touch the stop very good quality
Toddy

Postby steve c » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 am

you may have to adjust the kickstart ramp or replace the peg that holds the kickstart piston, they do wear allowing the pedal up.
slight misalignment can be rectified by bending the plate on the kickstart up or down, on the Vietnamese ones, ( scootrs/ sterling, ) which I rate over indian or so called Italian ones which I doubt you could move! but look terrible
steve c

Postby MK Monty » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:53 am

I bought an original one and doubled its cost by having it re chromed fitted and looked the bollox within a couple of days it bent lower and in to scrape the runner. Soft as cheese but looked good
I have a Buzz one now and its great so yet another thumbs up
MK Monty

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3