LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Kickstart ramp

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Kickstart ramp

Postby DaveTomo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Just doing the winter overhaul thing at present,one of the things I've got round to doing is checking the kickstart. Basically the kickstart pin is worn hence why it wont sit in the usual position so I've got to change that,anyway the one below on the left is the ramp I fitted a few years ago -no markings

The one below is one I had knocking around in the shed & marked Innocenti

Is it just a design thing or is one better/more preferred than the other? or is it the case of just fit the one which is possibly less worn? Sorry for what may seem a silly question,just curious
DaveTomo

Re: Kickstart ramp

Postby Dimitrios_231 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 pm

The one below is an ealry one.
Top one is probably Spanish or Indian,it is based on the late Innocenti design.

There are some small differences between the ramps,fit the one that will allow you to set the kickstart mechanism better and don't worry much about it :)
Dimitrios_231

Postby Wack » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:47 pm

The early ones can open up so presumably the later Spanish one was designed to stop that?
Wack

Postby DaveTomo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Thank you chaps, Wack what you say makes a lot of sense,think I'll stick with the later style
DaveTomo

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3