LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 1 fork

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 1 fork

Postby bike grim » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 am

Just wondered if anyone had seen this logo before? Having only really messed with Spanish Lambretta stuff previously I am stripping my 58 Framebreather at the moment for painting. In fact the rest of the scooter has probably never been apart before as whoever sprayed it flat white painted everything else including the loom.

bike grim

Re: Series 1 fork

Postby a-teamlambretta » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 pm

they don't look like series 1 forks to me . any chance of another pic of the casting under the lower bearing race
a-teamlambretta

Postby bike grim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:42 pm

There you go. Now you come to mention it, there was no lock washer on the fork top and possibly not enough thread for one.

Everything else seems to be series 1 including hub rims and all brake shoes etc and all marked as Innocenti
bike grim

Postby xenia1 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:44 pm

As mentioned by Ateamlambretta theyre not series1 Innocenti forks although they do still have the grease nipple type fork link bolts. Personally id go with series2 Indian forks but happy to be proven wrong..
xenia1

Postby bike grim » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks to both for your comments and you are right. According to Sticky they look like late series 2 forks and are also missing the dimples around the welded on washer on the fork link bolt holes, so does this mean they are Indian or could they maybe later Spanish series 2 with the mudguard brackets lopped off?

I have measured the stem distances and compared to sticky the overall distance and the distance to centre of the fork stop is correct for Innocenti. The distance to the bottom of the threads from the bearing seat is 405mm instead of 411mm so this may explain the lack of available thread at the fork top used with the series 1 headset. So if able to overcome this I am still going to use them as I don't feel quite so guilty welding damper mounts to them.
bike grim

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3