LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

SCOOTRS Disc Brake

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

SCOOTRS Disc Brake

Postby Covboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Is anybody using the Scootsrs disc brake hub assembly? I have just got one - the quality of manufacture, material and finish looks good......

but ......

I have just tried to fit a standard hub nut onto the thread of the new disc hub and it doesn't want to go more on than one turn... I don't want to force it as I will strip the thread. I have also tried a new hub nut - same result : - Both new & old hub nuts are not fitting correctly on the new disc hub thread. Both of the sample nuts fit easily and properly on the existing original drum hub. I emailed Scootsrs who advise the thread is 12mm x 1.5mm pitch....any ideas...? anyone had the same issue?
Last edited by Covboy on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Covboy

Re: SCOOTSRS Disc Brake

Postby pirate pete » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi, there are 2 thread types, 1for the axle and another for the anchor stud. Hope this helps.
pirate pete

Postby Covboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Hello ----

It's the axle thread
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Covboy

Postby drivera » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Had a similar problem years ago when I fitted an outboard disc assembly , simplest thing is to replace the supplied threaded axle with a new one from scooter restorations or somewhere similar that sells decent stuff !!
drivera

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Insane ??????

I have been looking at these. You would expect it to be "plug and play"
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby Covboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm going to borrow a 12mm/1.5mm die and run it over the thread to see if that helps...
Covboy

Postby pirate pete » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Covboy, the axle is as you show. I wouldn't advise rethreading, you will be able to get the correct nuts. I mentioned the anchor bolt but looking at your hub it look likes it made to fit non disc links.
pirate pete

Postby HxPaul » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi.I use a ScootRS inboard disc,as does my brother and we both fitted the standard axle nuts without a problem.Yours may be a badly threaded axle.Can you take out the original axle and compare the thread with the new axle,it may be that the first couple of threads are damaged.
HxPaul

Postby Covboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Strange thing is I actually bought 2 and they are both the same.wont take old or new nuts( nuts from SR.).. I have contacted Scootrs and they will look into it tomorrow...I suspect a worn die. I'll update this thread with the outcome.
Covboy

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3