LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

No clutch

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

No clutch

Postby scooterstu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 am

Right guys, need some help here. Went to go out on the scoot last night (first time this season) and i couldn't pull the clutch in at all. Had to leave the scoot in the garage and go the meeting in the car. I have asked a few of the lads at the club and they think it might have seized with not having been used since before christmas. One of them suggested wheeling it around trying the clutch every now and then to see if it frees and another suggested letting it run and warm up.
Any ideas? Don't get too technical on me though please.
scooterstu

Re: No clutch

Postby grandpa » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:51 am

Hi scooterstu,
Put a mole wrench or something similar on to clutch arm coming out of gearbox and...gently..gently.....see if you can move clutch arm..If you can then you need to unclip cable and free up or replace clutch cable.Check for any movement on handle bar clutch lever.If the gearbox clutch arm will not move then probably chain case off to investigate.good luck,
Grandpa
grandpa

Re: No clutch

Postby scooterstu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 am

Cheers Grandpa, i'll have a try of that tonight when i get home.
scooterstu

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3