LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

kickstart mechanism

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

kickstart mechanism

Postby garynonnah » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 am

After rebuilding sil 200 engine, ive noticed a high pitched noise and also the kickstart clanks when I stop engine.
hope this makes sense...
garynonnah

Re: kickstart mechanism

Postby Scooter Paul » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 am

It's catching the clutch. A little grinding should cure it.

Paul
Scooter Paul

Postby Knowledge » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:56 pm

It might be catching the clutch, but it might also be that the ramp that activates the kick-start plunger is poorly adjusted and the teeth on the k/s plunger are rattling on the first gear.

Adjust the position of the ramp so that the plunger is not sticking out, and the noise should go away.

First thing first; take the side casing off. You'll need to do this whether Paul or me are correct.
Knowledge

Postby Wack » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:04 pm

If it's a GP it won't have an outer casing ramp so check the kickstart shaft is fully in the casing and that the shim and circlip are in good condition and the shaft has no in and out play. Failing that check the kickstart piston pin and the window it moves in.
Wack

Postby garynonnah » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 pm

cheers guys....Before I fitted it I did grind it back because of the clutch issue, but seems may need more, the piston in ramp was free, checked this a few times.
but hey my first build, was never gonna be spot on...lol
garynonnah

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3