LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Front carrier fitting!!

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Front carrier fitting!!

Postby Geocamper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:28 pm

bought a new front luggage carrier ready for this summers touring. Everything looks really neat and tidy but I'm unsure if I have fitted the adjuster parts correctly. The bits that hold the carrier basically. It doesn't seem to secure. Has anyone got any pictures or advice in how to do this the right way. Cheers
Geocamper

Re: Front carrier fitting!!

Postby coaster » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:38 pm

It really is quite straight forward, why not post a picture of how you have fitted yours so we can see if it's correct. I have one myself but it's not fitted at the moment but from memory it was just a case of hanging it over the top of the leggies and offering the fittings up to see how they fitted. The threaded end of the adjustable rods go through the holes in the rack and the other end hooks into the side hooks. I seem to remember the rods are bent so you may have to swap them about to find the best fit. Mine was rock solid when fitted.
coaster

Postby HxPaul » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:00 pm

If you remove the bottom fittings and fit them from above instead,then put the rods through the tube and tighten.That way you can tighten the wing nuts another couple of turns and they wont foul on the horn cast.
HxPaul

Postby coaster » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Looks exactly the same as mine, you'll need to tighten the nuts enough to compress the rubber cups a bit but be warned, they can mark the paint if left on too long and also make sure the hooked ands of the side stays don't come in contact with the paint when the rack is loaded uploaded up, I( had to wrap tape round mine :)

You might want to plan to do all your travelling in daylight though as anything on the front rack tends to get in the way of the headlight :shock:
coaster

Postby Geocamper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 pm

thanks for your help coaster and Hx paul. All done.
Geocamper

Postby Tony Hart » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:25 pm

I cut a bit off the threaded ends on mine to avoid scratching the horncast. Could be worth considering as it does get pulled down when laden.
Tony Hart

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3