LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Avanti engine mounts

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Avanti engine mounts

Postby mick094m » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:56 am

Read some where online about the best type of engine mounts to fit with an Avanti kit, it was either Tutto or BGM , can't remember which was the best type to fit, anyone got any experience of both these mounts, and suggestions on which ones to fit, for less vibration,
mick094m

Re: Avanti engine mounts

Postby coaster » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 am

Ron recommends a longer mount form Andy Francis on the kickstart side but he didn't mention anything to me about any preference for makes for the other side. How bad is your vibration? mine is no better or worse than any other Lambretta engine I've ridden :?
coaster

Postby mick094m » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:42 am

Not fitted any yet just building the engine , I always used the longer kick start side mount, but thought I would try something different this time, the BGM ones have what is supposed to be a harder rubber for the kick start side, but someone said one or the other increased the vibration on an Avanti, so thought before I fit any that I would see what was the preferred choice , looks like I should follow Ron's advice, and go for the longer one, I don't think it matters with the other side
mick094m

Postby Angry Bloke » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:46 am

I use the Andy Francis type with my Avanti kit and have no vibration issues (well as Colin says no worse than any other Lambretta)
Angry Bloke

Postby MickYork » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:46 pm

I used the cheapest I could find on my Avanti and after 4 years it's still running smooth (for a Lambretta that is!!)
MickYork

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm

As above, same as any other Lambretta engine.

Last ones I saw that Ron had fitted to a motor where marked UNI, which tells me that they were probably sourced from AF.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3