LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Sticking Clutch

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Sticking Clutch

Postby steve_lawrence » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am

After being stood in the garage over winter, the clutch on my Li 150 S (186 Mugello) is sticking. The scooter starts well, but stalls as soon as it's put in gear. I've tried kicking it with the clutch lever pulled in, and I've let it warm up in the hope that the plates will free, but it's still not freeing up.
Before I attempt to either strip it down, or (more likely) take it to a repairer, does anyone have any other suggestions of how to possibly get it rideable, at least so that I can take it to be mended.
Thanks
steve_lawrence

Re: Sticking Clutch

Postby HxPaul » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am

I had trouble with my clutch sticking when the scooter had been left for a while,I started it up and gave it a few revs and banged it into gear,this freed the plates.Now when I leave it for any amount of time I wrap a bungee cord around the bars so that the clutch leaver is pulled in.
HxPaul

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3