LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Long Engine Mounts - Currently recommended ones?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Long Engine Mounts - Currently recommended ones?

Postby Donnie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Anyone know which ones are currently recommended?

They are going into a casing for a gt186 and most likely franspeed expansion.

I've heard different stories over the years of good and poor casa ones, good and poor indian ones and then theres the whole 2 vs 3 hole debate lol.

So wondering what the latest is?
Donnie

Re: Long Engine Mounts - Currently recommended ones?

Postby Nelly » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:01 pm

I have just fitted some Scootopia ones and found them quite hard, causing more vibration than the BGM ones which had failed after a few miles. To be fair to Scooter Center, they replaced the BGM ones, but I needed to get some fitted before Derby and Scotty had some Scootopia ones available.
AF currently stock the SIL ones and recommend these. I now have a set of these on the shelf for next time.
(And a set in replacement for Scotty!!!)
Nelly

Postby Wack » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:53 pm

I always use SIL ones, tried others but they make everything vibrate too much. I fitted some solid Casa ones to my TS1 but couldn't feel my fingers after 5 mins so drilled the 3 holes in them which cured the vibes.
Wack

Postby Donnie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:38 pm

I have to admit im leaning to the sil ones, anyone here use the double kickstart side one too? Is there any real advantage to them or is it just hype?
Donnie

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I use them on my scooter and to be honest it's difficult to say if they are any better or worse than any other. But they seem fine to me and I don't get a lot of trouble with vibration.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Tractorman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 pm

I found the AF extended one very good for the sidecar. Nelly's right about the scootopia ones I have a set done less than 20 miles you can have for the cost of postage.
Tractorman

Postby Donnie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 am

Tractorman wrote:I found the AF extended one very good for the sidecar. Nelly's right about the scootopia ones I have a set done less than 20 miles you can have for the cost of postage.

Thats very good of you mate, let me know via the message system how much i owe you and ill get it to you as soon as poss, with a few quid on top for a pint.
Donnie

Postby coaster » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 am

I fitted an extended one to the kick start side of my TS1 engine before doing the Derby 150. The reason for fitting it was that the silent block on that side has never lasted more than a few hundred miles on any of my 225 engine scoots. It's currently done about 450 miles and I can't say I noticed any increase in vibration or any deterioration. Got mine from Martin (Corrado) at Just Lambretta along with the extra long spindle.
coaster

Postby Tractorman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:28 am

coaster wrote:I fitted an extended one to the kick start side of my TS1 engine before doing the Derby 150. The reason for fitting it was that the silent block on that side has never lasted more than a few hundred miles on any of my 225 engine scoots. It's currently done about 450 miles and I can't say I noticed any increase in vibration or any deterioration. Got mine from Martin (Corrado) at Just Lambretta along with the extra long spindle.

Mine as done over 2,000 now without problems.
Tractorman

Postby Nelly » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 am

Tractorman wrote:
Mine as done over 2,000 now without problems.

Do you mean these ones from Rays
http://www.afrayspeed.co.uk/index.php?p ... tributeID=
Nelly

Postby Tractorman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Yes, that's the one.
Tractorman

Postby gaz_powell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:41 am

I recently fitted a set of UNI ones from AF and just come back from IOW and vibration etc was not an issue (done some closer rallies on them but this was the first real test)

need to see what the length of service they give but ride and feel was good.

I normally use SIL but on this occasion I went to AF and that's whet they were selling.

Gaz

PS fitted to a TS1225 and just the standard long ones not extended
gaz_powell

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3