LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

ScootRS anti dive disc conversion

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

ScootRS anti dive disc conversion

Postby pg42 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi does anybody know where the black bracket provided in the kit fits? I don't have any fitting instructions and can't find anywhere to fit it. No rude suggestions thank you.
pg42

Re: ScootRS anti dive disc conversion

Postby Toddy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Is that the bracket that can be welded to the fork leg when / if you are happy with the set up ?
Toddy

Postby pg42 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Could be Toddy. If it is, where the hell does it get welded? There is a hole in one end but......
Cheers
pg42

Postby rossclark » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:44 pm

There's some pictures either on here or on the other site which show where the bracket for the anti-dive should be welded to the fork leg. Broadly the fork leg , link and anti-dive bracket should form a parallelogram.

You can get a bracket that bolts on to the fork leg which allows you to find the best position before committing to welding.
rossclark

Postby rossclark » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 pm

rossclark

Postby pg42 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:56 am

Pictures are worth a thousand words thank you. I opted to use a bolt on clamp that came with the disc. If I ever get the bloody thing bled properly, I look forward to trying it out. I've tried the normal method and the syringe method. Syringe fills the system up to the top banjo but stubbornly refuses to fill the reservoir. Does the brake lever have to be in any special position or what?
pg42

Postby Toddy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 am

pg42 wrote:Pictures are worth a thousand words thank you. I opted to use a bolt on clamp that came with the disc. If I ever get the bloody thing bled properly, I look forward to trying it out. I've tried the normal method and the syringe method. Syringe fills the system up to the top banjo but stubbornly refuses to fill the reservoir. Does the brake lever have to be in any special position or what?

If your filling from the bottom with a syringe and pipe through the bleed nipple it should naturally take it up to the master cylinder pushing the air upwards with it ( unless you have a blockage?) then one up there you work the lever and bleed normally through the bleed nipple to obtain the brake .
Toddy

Postby drivera » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:43 am

Toddy wrote:
pg42 wrote:Pictures are worth a thousand words thank you. I opted to use a bolt on clamp that came with the disc. If I ever get the bloody thing bled properly, I look forward to trying it out. I've tried the normal method and the syringe method. Syringe fills the system up to the top banjo but stubbornly refuses to fill the reservoir. Does the brake lever have to be in any special position or what?

If your filling from the bottom with a syringe and pipe through the bleed nipple it should naturally take it up to the master cylinder pushing the air upwards with it ( unless you have a blockage?) then one up there you work the lever and bleed normally through the bleed nipple to obtain the brake .

Sounds like a blockage at the top banjo , take it all apart ( don't get any fluid on your paintwork ) and check that the little hole in the inside of the banjo where the pipe connects to it is not blocked then check the bolt that goes through the banjo for blockages
drivera

Postby pg42 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Cracked the little Fekker! One of the holes in the master cylinder was blocked with crap. Cleaned out, slowly slowly with the syringe and hey presto! Thanks for all the help and advice, KTF!
pg42

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3