LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Best Spare Wheel Carrier for Sip Tubelss Rim

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Best Spare Wheel Carrier for Sip Tubelss Rim

Postby Granty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Guys -- as above whats the thoughts on the best spare wheel carrier for sip tubless & would a sip tubless rim fit on a normal legshield spare wheel carries on series 2?
Granty

Re: Best Spare Wheel Carrier for Sip Tubelss Rim

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Not sure about the best, it's just personal choice, but on either legshield or rear I think you will need longer studs to fasten the wheel to, I certainly did on my rear one.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Adam_Winstone » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:59 pm

I have long cylinder nuts fitted to my carrier studs then a washer, then the spare, then bolts trough from the outside into the long nuts. I've not had the wheel come loose to date. :)

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby Granty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Adam_Winstone wrote:I have long cylinder nuts fitted to my carrier studs then a washer, then the spare, then bolts trough from the outside into the long nuts. I've not had the wheel come loose to date. :)

Adam

Thanks Boys -- this looks like the best option for me I think -- thanks for the heads up - G
Granty

Postby Adam_Winstone » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Soz, I should have pointed out that I actually use alan key type bolts on the outside, rather than hex head, so that they seat correctly in the SIP rims.
Adam_Winstone

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3