LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

MIRROR OPTIONS

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: MIRROR OPTIONS

Postby sunrisemac » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 pm

I have mine both set the 'wrong' way round, they hardly vibrate and I get all round good vision (and if I forget to turn them in I don't walk into them so much in the garage when I go to turn the light on)
sunrisemac

Postby Covboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:19 am

Mirror fitted - see loads behind, does not vibrate but not sure about the aesthetic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Covboy

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:55 am

Yep I agree, even though I have one and tell everybody else to get one. Dare I say it but it cries out for one on the other side but that would only be set up for 1 gear !!

But it works and I wouldn't be without it.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby byron » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Donnie wrote:... a bar end mirror on the right which folds away if necessary.
did you extend the steel of the headset that the throttle tube slides over to fit that ? or have you got a QA type throttle ?
byron

Postby Donnie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am

byron wrote:
Donnie wrote:... a bar end mirror on the right which folds away if necessary.
did you extend the steel of the headset that the throttle tube slides over to fit that ? or have you got a QA type throttle ?

ended up doing loads of fabrication including cutting the original throttle rod, using some tubing the same diameter as the inner handlebar, using some alloy rod that needed tapping to meet the original rod, cutting a slot in the headset for a grubscrew etc etc etc.

You can sort of see how it sits on the below, if you click on it it will bring you to my flickr and you can click again for a much larger picture.

Imagepiazza-2 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Donnie

Postby Revvers » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Fitted one of those handlebar mirrors at the weekend. Really like it and I quite look the look of it tbh
Revvers

Postby St George » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:37 pm

I have always thought the fold out ones were a lot of money for the name. I have ordered one of these new handlebar type 2 with adaptor. £23 delivered, nice people.
St George

Postby St George » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:04 pm

I have my new mirror and adaptor, very well made and finished. This was a welcome thread.
St George

Postby Donnie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Mine from a different closer angle taken today.

Imagepiazza-22 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Imagepiazza-23 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Imagepiazza-24 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Donnie

Postby byron » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:38 pm

^thanks, that is on the list to do on my Special...
byron

Postby peejay » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 am

Donnie wrote:Imagepiazza-24 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

i do like your indicator switch, just like mine :)

peejay

Postby Donnie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Good eyes Peejay! Yep, finally seem to have all the indicators working right, ended up going for LED bulbs in them in the end as the standard ones weren't up to the task in daylight :D

Really loving the scooter at the moment other than the fact i need to sort a slipping clutch at the weekend.

Did you spot my other new modification? Im fairly sure there's not another lammy on the planet with one? :lol:

Imagepiazza-22 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Donnie

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:37 am

Donnie wrote:Did you spot my other new modification? Im fairly sure there's not another lammy on the planet with one? :lol:

solar panel by any chance? 8-)
peejay

Postby stephena » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:52 am

Are the bar end mirrors something you made yourself or can they be bought ready to fit?
stephena

Postby MK Monty » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:01 pm

2 stroke Solar power, What are you running off that Donnie?
MK Monty

Postby Digger » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:22 pm

gaz_powell wrote:I often see these threads and each to their own but i would personally never use that type of mirror for looking behind. There's no substitute for proper physical life saver look back in any circumstance.

And they look s*#t ................oh there's me scooter product tourettes coming out again ...its getting very bad lately....

That's fine as long as you are physically able to swivel one's head around far enough.
Digger

Postby Donnie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:44 pm

It was something id been thinking about for some time as the battery i had was a lead acid type and about 5 or 6 years old and getting tired despite servicing it and keeping topped up with battery acid. however i think it had discharged fully at one point so would never be the same.

So, as ive gone and done the wassel dc conversion for better battery power, better lights with the jockey boxenstop and finally hid light too, plus the indicators and extra rear marker lights, 12v lighter socket etc I wanted a reliable way to keep the scooter topped up with charge when sat.

So, new battery (AGM sealed type which are better) and solar panel but all fitted via a proper solar regulator to prevent overcharge plus prevent backwards draining in the dark all fitted :-)

If I had a garage id simply just put on the optimate charger i have but my scooter lives outside so for me was the best solution

ImageIMG_2865 1 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2866 1 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Donnie

Postby Donnie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 pm

stephena wrote:Are the bar end mirrors something you made yourself or can they be bought ready to fit?

They can be bought and other styles are available but it's not a straight fit as you need to figure out the right length of bolt etc to use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Motor ... Swu4BV0EA0
Donnie

Postby MK Monty » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:33 pm

I lost one battery as I had put it away leaving the lights on, I thought it was odd I could see to lock up but it drained it fat as a f.... And wouldn't charge and hold. I didn't have a deep charge charger and a new battery was cheap as chips. I like the solar idea but will give that one a miss, if I didn't have power in the shed it would be an Idea on the roof. I do like the rally essential of a bottle opener on the tool box, nice one
MK Monty

Postby frazerjclark » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:39 pm

peejay wrote:Image

is this the mirror head you are using Steve?
i've used them for many years and found them brill, i find constantly looking over my shoulder a real pain and just sends me all over the road. left hand one particularly usefull for seeing what's coming down the sliproad when riding on motorways.

personal choice i know.

Peejay - is this a Stadium mirror? This is exactly what I am looking for.....
frazerjclark

PreviousNext

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3