LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Exhaust note

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Exhaust note

Postby tonyprue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi

Hope someone can come up with a reason for this!!!

I have recently changed the crank, bearings, rings and mag housing on my mugello 200 fitted scooter. It has been running fine for couple of weeks with a few little hiccups but all of a sudden in the last few days the exhaust note has gone from being silent but deadly to 'what the fu*k is that'!! This happened in the space of about two hours!

It has a 48 mm expansion with a home made longer silencer, not perfect but made a lovely what I call a tinny sound, now it is the loud "bop bop" sound(don't like it!!!). Have repacked end can although it looked okay, still the same, tried a repacked Stirling end can but still the same.

The noise is definitely coming out of end can, exhaust manifold has been faced so I know fits well but it is not a leaking exhaust sound!

Any ideas would be appreciated before I consider a new exhaust.

Thanks
tonyprue

Re: Exhaust note

Postby St George » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Sounds like a split seem somewhere, normally a bracket weld come apart :o
St George

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3