LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

BGM Clubman Fitting Issues

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

BGM Clubman Fitting Issues

Postby Paul_from_Thornbury » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:00 am

I have a series 3 LI150, with a BGM RT195 kit fitted. Have run this kit with a 42mm AF Clubman and a Sterling Expansion Pipe. I have just purchased and fitted a BGM Clubman. Last job of the fitting was to reinstall the rear shock after having tilted engine down to remove the cowl etc. When i lift the back end of the frame up, the exhaust is touching the underside of the scooter before the mounts are far enough apart to install the rear shock. taking some measurements, it looks like i had a series 2 shock (310mm eye to eye length) instead of a series 3 shock (300mm). I can just achieve 300mm on the mounts before the exhaust touches the underside.
Assuming i purchase and fit a series 3 shock, is this still too tight underneath, how much will the shock compress with just the weight of the scooter? Obviously will compress further when i sit on it.
Paul_from_Thornbury

Re: BGM Clubman Fitting Issues

Postby peejay » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 am

hi Paul
i have the mk 3 fitted to my supertune series 3.

my barrel is an early mugello 225, don't know if this makes any difference to clearance issues.

my BGM rear shock is set at 310 c-c

these two pics show a gap of 12mm with no one sat on it

hope this helps
peejay

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3