LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Side panel rubber buffers on support legs

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Side panel rubber buffers on support legs

Postby sherpadean » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi everyone - is it me or is there an easy way to fit the sidepanel rubber buffers to the running board support legs?
sherpadean

Re: Side panel rubber buffers on support legs

Postby HxPaul » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:01 pm

sherpadean wrote:Hi everyone - is it me or is there an easy way to fit the sidepanel rubber buffers to the running board support legs?

If its on a series 2,it took me a while to realise that you have to fit them back to front,until you get them around the bend on the footboard support and then you spin them around.If you try and fit them the right way around they wont go around the bend.
HxPaul

Postby petemaisey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Series III clip on type use a bit of plastic (like milk container) to ease it over the frame legs. Saves paintwork.

Pete
petemaisey

Postby burnside » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:48 pm

If you're not too bothered with the looks under the panel then just use cable ties instead of the clips if S3.

S2 ones are easy, stick them in boiling water for 5 mins and push them on backwards and then twist round once on. If still no joy then a little lubricant on the support legs
burnside

Postby sherpadean » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks fellow Lambrettinos

Mike
sherpadean

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3