LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Timing

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Timing

Postby Nbowe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Bit of advice please.have removed crank from gp200.i marked the stator position when I removed it but the Conrod was seized on its bearing so not sure what position piston was at when it came out.when I replace the stator in its original position does it make any difference what position the piston is at when I put the flywheel back on,will I affect timing.
Cheers
Nbowe

Re: Timing

Postby HxPaul » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

If your replacing the crank always re-time the engine.
HxPaul

Postby fiveo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:11 pm

The crank has a woodruff key which the fly wheel fits on to so the positions of the flywheel remains the same ,as long as you replaced the stat plate in the same position everything should be alright, I would still strobe it to make sure.
fiveo

Postby HxPaul » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:15 pm

fiveo wrote:The crank has a woodruff key which the fly wheel fits on to so the positions of the flywheel remains the same ,as long as you replaced the stat plate in the same position everything should be alright, I would still strobe it to make sure.

The keyway for the woodruff key could be cut in a slightly different place putting your timing out,if you replace the crank always re-time the engine.
HxPaul

Postby Donnie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:43 pm

exxactly, so the advise is to never assume. yes put the stator back exactly where it was, however ensure you set new timing marks and use this as a starting point only.

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/electronic.html
Donnie

Postby Nbowe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks all
Nbowe

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3