LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Front Disc Brake cable safety warning

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Front Disc Brake cable safety warning

Postby peejay » Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 pm

St George wrote: Does anyone think the reverse pull set up puts any extra strain on any cable regardless of make.

i don't think it makes any difference to the strain on the cable, i run two lammies with reverse pull set up and sintered pads and do virtually all my braking with the front only.

i've done countless miles over the years without mishap using cables from various trusted dealers but this is a very worrying near miss.

all you can do is check visually before fitting.
peejay

Postby drivera » Thu May 31, 2018 5:56 am

It seems like Scoot restorations are sticking their head in the sand on this subject , they haven't attempted to do a recall or anything , I have one of these cables in a drawer somewhere which will deffo be for scrap now
drivera

Postby HxPaul » Thu May 31, 2018 8:55 am

drivera wrote:It seems like Scoot restorations are sticking their head in the sand on this subject , they haven't attempted to do a recall or anything , I have one of these cables in a drawer somewhere which will deffo be for scrap now

Me too
HxPaul

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3