LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Indicators

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Indicators

Postby terryj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 pm

have you hidden the front wires behind the legshield trim i looked at doing that but looked like too tight a fit

i brought these to do the back indicators with red led lights in the clear lenses for rear lights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180909398639? ... EBIDX%3AIT

scroll down to get to pic
terryj

Postby coaster » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 am

sunrisemac wrote:
landybretta wrote:My indicators and more.

what electrics have you got, I think that's the sort of thing I fancy fitting

I'm liking that too, very unobtrusive 8-)
coaster

Postby MK Monty » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 am

Very good I like the leg shield rubber ones, that what I was looking for. Any Links
MK Monty

Postby coaster » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:52 am

terryj wrote:have you hidden the front wires behind the legshield trim i looked at doing that but looked like too tight a fit

i brought these to do the back indicators with red led lights in the clear lenses for rear lights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180909398639? ... EBIDX%3AIT

scroll down to get to pic

Any pictures with them fitted Terry? and what lamps do they take, festoons?

Cheers

Colin
coaster

Postby MK Monty » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 am

I had a set of the royal enamel ones but in red and orange. For the price they are ......
The best bit is the stainless steel plate that I still have fitted. The festoon bulb holders on mine were assembled wrong with the live connection shorted out on one and they used a rivet to hold the lamp in the dimple but the rivet had been fitted the wrong way round so I had to start messing. The red and orange as I have said before looked like wine gums when lit with white lamps very pink and insipid. I had to get orange and red LED festoons. The lens is fitted with a central bolt and they are glued together with a small stainless cap. Got home one day to find one lens had dropped off and within weeks lost one from the other side.
Replaced with a chrome pair of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-LED-Tai ... 2c8c348f61
MK Monty

Postby terryj » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 am

havent fitted them yet still sorting out the electrickery for the front
take festoon bulbs checked mine and no shorts live to earth on mine but ha to bend tabs on bulb holder to get bulb to fit

bit cheap and but flimsey were cheap
terryj

Postby landybretta » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 pm

sunrisemac wrote:
landybretta wrote:My indicators and more.

what electrics have you got, I think that's the sort of thing I fancy fitting

I have 12v electrics but run the indicators, running lamps & 2 x 100db horns from a 7ah battery located in the original toolbox.
landybretta

Postby landybretta » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 pm

MK Monty wrote:Very good I like the leg shield rubber ones, that what I was looking for. Any Links

The legshield indicators are from BGM. I cut the legshield rubber to fit them and used silicone.
I drilled a small hole in the legshield lip for the wires. Covered up by the rubber and easily filled to return to original.
The wires run into a legshield tool box I have fitted but are so thin they could be run along the length of the rubber trim.
landybretta

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3