LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Repearing frame strut

Technical help for Lui, Vega, Cometa, J50, Cento, J125, Starstream.

Repearing frame strut

Postby VEGA Luke » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:38 pm

recently bought a LUI when I took it apart one of the front frame struts had snapped so to fix this we cut the opposite on off completely and the cut the complete strut of and old knacktered frame to weld on to the good frame

old struts taken off good frame
419.JPG

old strut
422.JPG

old Frame with strut off
423.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VEGA Luke

Re: Repearing frame strut

Postby VEGA Luke » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 pm

new strut for good frame
424.JPG

hope this is some help for someone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VEGA Luke

Postby mickey c » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks for posting this, I'm hoping it doesn't come to this on one I'm just starting. I've never worked on a Luna line before so sorry it's such an obvious question but should the struts bend upwards away from the frame? I.e. They aren't parallel to the ground? Also on my series 3, I got some measurements to check frame and strut alignment, could you get your tape measure out please or point me somewhere for this information.
Thanks
Mike
mickey c

Postby VEGA Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:18 pm

your correct the strut do point upwards when I get the strut welded on I will take some pictures so you can see.
I should point out that you can buy new struts for vegas/luis of scootopia I just use the ones of the other frame because it was knackered so don't go pulling a good frame apart thinking you can't get any :D
VEGA Luke

Postby mickey c » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:19 am

That's good to know.
I've not got far into the strip yet - I cant shift the engine bolt and will seek some advice on this. I also believe (looking ta price of parts on ebay) that Vega parts are not easy to come by so good to know a dealer who has some. I'm starting my Xmas list!
thanks again
mickey c

Postby johnspeed22/2 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 am

have a few spare vega / lui / Cometa parts PM me if your stuck for anything ;)
johnspeed22/2

Postby VEGA Luke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:18 pm

frame welded
DSCN3379[1].JPG

DSCN3378[1].JPG
VEGA Luke

Return to Luna & J Range