LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Replacement C/D mudguards

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Replacement C/D mudguards

Postby jbcollier » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Replacement C/D mudguards from India are showing up on eBay and elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261484645471

I had the misfortune to order a set and they do not match the originals and, worse, simply do not fit. The suppliers are not helpful and charge a non-refundable fortune for shipping. Thankfully Tino Sacchi is now producing replacement C/D mudguards and, if they match the quality of his other parts, should be brilliant.
jbcollier

Re: Replacement C/D mudguards

Postby Jimmers » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Where are the Tino ones being sold?
Jimmers

Postby jbcollier » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Just announced in the last Scootering. I expect Cambridge will be carrying them in the UK. I have a set on order at Jet200 in the US.
jbcollier

Postby jbcollier » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm

The search for quality replacement fenders for the D and C continues.

I received a set of the new Casa fenders and my heart fell when I found them wrapped in Vietnamese newspapers. Unfortunately, removing the wrapping revealed typical Viet-bodge work: multiple pieces of metal, hand cut and stitched together with bird-poop welding. If you are desperate, they are better than nothing but, you would be far better repairing a rusted original than using these. The only thing good I can say about them is that they are better than the disasters from India I tried earlier in this thread.
jbcollier

Postby Bettagetabrettabolti » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 pm

I hate this - dealers exploiting us with rubbish that they think they can pass on. I am sorry but I send them back as it's the only protest that I can make. My thought being that if everyone sends them back then they will either stop selling them or demand better quality parts.
Had the same sort of experience win MB who said that he was not happy with the quality of parts he sent out - well don't send them out to customers I say.
Sorry to change the thread but this does my head in!
Bolti
Bettagetabrettabolti

Return to Pre 57