LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

model d Mk 1 - setting the gears

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

model d Mk 1 - setting the gears

Postby bjhart » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:46 am

Hi
Has anyone got any advice on setting the gears on the Teleflex set up, it continually jumps out of second gear, and occasionally out of third???

Barry
bjhart

Re: model d Mk 1 - setting the gears

Postby jbcollier » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:08 pm

I only have experience with the 150 bevel drive engines. Though they are similar to the earlier 125 engines, they are not the same in the gearshift area. In the 150 engines you can adjust the selector's detent position as the detent pivot is located on an eccentric pin (#12):

http://scooterhelp.com/manuals/LD_D.150 ... page17.jpg

I can't see that pin on the 125 engines so I am not sure what they use. Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in.

All that said, start by disconnecting the teleflex cable and making sure it is well lubed and smooth in operation with no stiffness.
jbcollier

Postby Jazzy b » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi Barry give waddo a shout on here 8-)
Jazzy b

Postby bjhart » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:07 pm

I have managed to stop if from jumping out of 2nd by doing the following ;
disconnect cable
loosen selector box and rotate max clockwise
gave it a thrash up the road in second withthe cable disconnected, it seemed ok but still a little difficult to engage 2nd gear??.
reconnected cable still not jumping out of gear so is useable, hopefully I will get used to selecting 2nd gear or maybe fine adjustment of the selector box may help??
bjhart

Postby Steve J » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 am

I hope the problem is just related to the selector operation.... I have experience of a late Ld150 jumping out of gear in second, and no amount of playing around with the selectors would cure it. It turned out to be severe wear on the dogs on the mainshaft and the dogs on the sliding gear pair - both had to be changed to cure the problem.. :(
Steve J

Postby bjhart » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 am

it might be wear on the dogs, hoping not though, I havent used it yet.

I have contacted Rimini's to see if there has been any development on the 4 speed boxes for the shaft drives, I am informed they are still working on it.
bjhart

Return to Pre 57