LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Casa brake light for LDs

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Casa brake light for LDs

Postby GianfraCh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello,

So I finally found the Casa Lambretta brake light switch for LDs. has anyone ever installed the exact same one? it comes with some sort of bracket but I am a bit confused on how to effectively install it... help is very much appreciated it! ( see picture!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GianfraCh

Re: Casa brake light for LDs

Postby jbcollier » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Bend the bracket like this:

The spring connects from the switch plunger to the brake cable clamp.
jbcollier

Postby GianfraCh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm

jbcollier wrote:Bend the bracket like this:

The spring connects from the switch plunger to the brake cable clamp.

Oh, thank you! this helps a lot! after I bend it I hook the spring to the pedal clamp and the other side would go together where the cable and inner cable pass through?

Thanks JB, very helpful.
GianfraCh

Postby jbcollier » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 pm

My D is tucked away right now and it would be a heck of a job to dig it out so I could remind myself of what I did. It's just a generic, fit-it-yourself, switch. You need to find a place you can mount the switch where you don't have to drill any new holes, and, is inline with, and to the rear of, the brake cable clamp at the brake pedal. It goes: bracket/switch/spring/brake pedal. It is very unlikely that the spring will be the right length. You can use some metal rod (welding rod or coat hanger) to make it work. In which case it will go: bracket/switch/spring/metal rod/brake pedal.
jbcollier

Postby jbcollier » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 pm

I came across a photo of my brake switch. It's a different switch but it shows using a spring and bent welding rod as described above:

jbcollier

Postby GianfraCh » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 pm

jbcollier wrote:I came across a photo of my brake switch. It's a different switch but it shows using a spring and bent welding rod as described above:

this is great. Thanks JB
GianfraCh

Return to Pre 57