LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Torque Ld150

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Torque Ld150

Postby GianfraCh » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi,

is there anyone that knows a specific torque for the rear and front wheel nut? thanks
GianfraCh

Re: Torque Ld150

Postby missing lynx » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Do you mean the nuts that hold the rim to the hub? If so I don't think you need a torque setting all you need is to tighten it up as much as you can with the spanner you carry to remove the wheel if you get a puncture. So many people get hung up with torque settings, on some parts they are important but on others you just need to get them as tight as you can. Just remember what tools your average LD owner had in the fifties
missing lynx

Re: Torque Ld150

Postby GianfraCh » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:27 pm

missing lynx wrote:Do you mean the nuts that hold the rim to the hub? If so I don't think you need a torque setting all you need is to tighten it up as much as you can with the spanner you carry to remove the wheel if you get a puncture. So many people get hung up with torque settings, on some parts they are important but on others you just need to get them as tight as you can. Just remember what tools your average LD owner had in the fifties

Alright, yes I just wasnt sure as t this point the rear nut that holds the wheel in place is quite tight cant even remove it! but perfect, thank you lynx
GianfraCh

Return to Pre 57