LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Brake linings compatibility

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Brake linings compatibility

Postby Thackers » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:34 pm

Hi guys, could someone advise if possible on the compatibility of brake linings regards a model B? I know the A and B share a lot of parts and this crosses into the C & LC. I have found linings for the LC and wondered if they would work/fit the B. These are for the rear.
Thank you.
Thackers

Re: Brake linings compatibility

Postby jbcollier » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:33 pm

Not my area of expertise but all the online listings only list the C, D, LC, and LD for their brake shoes.

Here are two options:

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... vetti.html

https://www.olimpiaparts.eu/en/lambrett ... a-b-detail

Myself? I would go with the lining from Rimini. Cheaper and much newer (better?) lining material. Should be able to fine suitable copper rivets at an industrial supply or online.
jbcollier

Postby Thackers » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 pm

Thanks JB for your answer. I looked on Rimini but, like other web sites I find searching for B parts like looking for hens teeth. I often check Olympia too but again missed there. I got some nu-texa linings off eBay for a C/LC with rivet's. Cheap enough to take a chance. When I get round to it I'll report back with any findings.
If they fit, have you any tips on fitting the rivet's?
Thanks again.
Thackers

Postby jbcollier » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:09 pm

The main thing is that you want to flare and fold the rivet, not squash it. Measure the width of your rivets and search for a matching punch. You could get by using a centre punch to flare the end and then carefully flatten it with a plain punch. Probably just fine for a scooter capable of shattering the 30 kph barrier.
jbcollier

Postby Thackers » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:43 am

jbcollier wrote:The main thing is that you want to flare and fold the rivet, not squash it. Measure the width of your rivets and search for a matching punch. You could get by using a centre punch to flare the end and then carefully flatten it with a plain punch. Probably just fine for a scooter capable of shattering the 30 kph barrier.

Good tips thank you, shattering 30kph :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thackers

Return to Pre 57