LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Advice

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Advice

Postby Jeff t » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Took the plunge and bought a 125 d, needs a full refurb and happy to have a go and i’ve completley rebuilt S2 and S3 but know a shaft driven is a different challenge. The engine will probaly need a rebuild as its a standing sieze. So how much can i attempt myself or is it case of looking for an expert.
Jeff t

Re: Advice

Postby Thackers » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:03 am

Hi. Try looking for a book by R.H.Warring called The first book of the Lambretta (Ebay) that covers the early models up to the LDB.
Shaft drives are so different to the later versions, best tip i can think of is take plenty of photos as you strip it down as this can help re assembly .
I'm sure there will be other books and parts manuals .
Thackers

Postby Jeff t » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:11 pm

Thanks yes bought a couple of books and a parts list, one of them is the one you mentioned.
Jeff t

Postby jbcollier » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:15 pm

Except for the steering bearings, just about everything is different on a shaft drive from the later models.
jbcollier

Postby rlpembridge » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:18 pm

Well, you’ve joined the club and found this forum - which is an excellent source of technical know-how and has the advantage of up-to-date technical information.
I have two ancient books, the first being that which it seems you have obtained - Pitmans ‘The Book of the Lambretta Motor-Scooter’ by R H Warring and secondly, ‘The Lambretta Serviceman’s Book’ by D B Palmer, which was published by Lambretta Concessionaires.
The second book covers TV, Li LD and LC models however, pages 38 - 128 cover the LD range and I find, gives more detail than Warring in many instances.
Given the close derivation from D to LD models, having both books will, I’m sure, be of benefit for you.
rlpembridge

Postby Jeff t » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:52 pm

Made good progress on striping down all in bits now engine out but not started stripping down yet apart from removing tne clutch. Im sure the questions will start with the rebuild. Thanks
Jeff t

Return to Pre 57