LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

GETTING MY LD150 ON THE ROAD

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Re: GETTING MY LD150 ON THE ROAD

Postby Oldiron1955 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Now that I've got the flywheel off other than knowing I've a few wire to attach I've no idea what needs replacing or most-likely need replacing??

My flywheel magneto is marelli?

Most threads I read say replace the condenser what about everything else? should I also replace the L.T ignition coil and contact points, what about other parts? I've already purchased a new L.T socket cause the original is broken off at the outer flange.

I'm keen to remove everything from the stator plate and give all a good clean, if I'm going to learn about electrics I rather learn in my garage than standing at the roadside!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oldiron1955

Re: GETTING MY LD150 ON THE ROAD

Postby 911hillclimber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:10 am

Just a suggestion; I replaced all the parts that are available as consumable parts, points and condenser. If the dealers don't sell it, then those parts are not normally broken otherwise they would have them for sale.

Look for duff/corroded soldered joints. If something has failed it will stop the scooter starting in your garage first.
911hillclimber

Previous

Return to Pre 57