LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

model c

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

model c

Postby lambrettatastic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 pm

just obtained a model c...it needs work,but not too bad....where and or who can help me with parts? obviously she's an old girl and i don't expect to be able to get bits like i can for my series 3's,but would be good to have a go to place!
also looking for a parts manual to help me understand how it should all come apart and go back together..any ideas would be good.
lambrettatastic

Re: model c

Postby Jazzy b » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 pm

give waddo a shout if you need help Paul at scooter restorations as some c bits for sale
Jazzy b

Postby lambrettatastic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:20 pm

thanks mate,been on scoot restos site,not much on there. be good to get some parts manuals ,its all i ever used when i starteed playing with series 3's
i know casa had them re printed but i can't find them for sale in the uk.
lambrettatastic

Postby Jazzy b » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:14 am

Scooter surgery in London sell c parts give howard chambers a ring aswell hope this helps
Jazzy b

Postby Norrie Bodge » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 am

lambrettatastic wrote:just obtained a model c...it needs work,but not too bad....where and or who can help me with parts? obviously she's an old girl and i don't expect to be able to get bits like i can for my series 3's,but would be good to have a go to place!
also looking for a parts manual to help me understand how it should all come apart and go back together..any ideas would be good.

any pics of the old girl m8?
Norrie Bodge

Postby Scooter Paul » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:25 am

Rimini Lambretta centre are good for early parts and also have most if not all the Casa remade parts listed.
Scooter Paul

Postby Steve J » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 am

Have a look at olympiaparts.eu:- http://www.olimpiaparts.eu/ - never used them myself, but they appear to have a lot of C/LC parts.
Also, remember that the German Lambretta 125/150 machines were basically Innocenti LC Lambrettas made under licence. Parts for those are often listed on the German ebay site, for example. Some of the engine parts (but not all) are pretty much the same as the NSU Prima 'D' (which is nothing like a Lambretta D or LD!) Most of the NSU parts are still available from Germany.... at a price! :shock:
Steve J

Postby lambrettatastic » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

thanks guys...not heard of the olympia site before,but looks very impressive...
lambrettatastic

Postby jbcollier » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Dealt with them quite a bit when doing my D, great service with nary a complaint.

John
jbcollier

Postby Jimmers » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Olympia and Rimini have pretty much everything you will need
Jimmers

Postby red devil » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:38 pm

When restoring my own model C some years ago I obtained a reproduction parts manual from Cambridge Lambretta, and all the bits I needed came from Howard Chambers. If he didn't have them to hand he could always get them on his frequent visits to Italy.
As long as all the bodywork is there and nothing major missing on the engine you should not have too much trouble restoring it!
Best of luck.

Frank.
red devil

Return to Pre 57