LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

I.O.W a few pics.....

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

I.O.W a few pics.....

Postby Scarborough Col » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:29 am

Scarborough Col

Re: I.O.W a few pics.....

Postby Toddy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:29 am

Cheers col thanks for sharing :D
Toddy

Postby Garbo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 am

Agreed, gtreat pics. Thanks for posting.............. What's with the back and green Super 'C' Type ?
Garbo

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:48 am

May I congratulate you on your photographs. You clearly have great taste because you have only taken piccies of outstanding Lambrettas. Some of the scooters just look too darn good to ride and all credit to their owners.
First shot made me chuckle because it looks like the ferryman must have said "Oi put those ugly autos on that side of the boat and you guys with the Lammies can go on the other side !
What is the scooter with the twin air filters through the panels and 2 more holes in the other panel also.

Fabulous pictures...would you mind if I shared a couple ?
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby Scarborough Col » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Garbo wrote:Agreed, gtreat pics. Thanks for posting.............. What's with the back and green Super 'C' Type ?

Cheers...
The black and green GP has full carbon fibre bodywork, leggies, panels the lot... I think the Super "Carbon" Type is just a tongue in cheek name for it...

Its a proper cool bike in the flesh, and the owner "rings its neck" pretty much everywhere he goes on it... 8-)
Scarborough Col

Postby Scarborough Col » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:29 pm

CHRIS in MARGATE wrote:May I congratulate you on your photographs. You clearly have great taste because you have only taken piccies of outstanding Lambrettas. Some of the scooters just look too darn good to ride and all credit to their owners.
First shot made me chuckle because it looks like the ferryman must have said "Oi put those ugly autos on that side of the boat and you guys with the Lammies can go on the other side !
What is the scooter with the twin air filters through the panels and 2 more holes in the other panel also.

Fabulous pictures...would you mind if I shared a couple ?

Thanks for that Chris...
The IOW rally isn't everyones cup of tea, usually citing the comedy brigade and tat for sale... But I love the rally, there`s enough Chops, cutdowns, street racers, customs and resto`s to keep me happy year on year....
feel free to do whatever with the photo`s mate,,

The scoot with 4 holes in the sidepanels, has a 500cc 4 cylinder 2 stroke Suzuki RG motor fitted, ive not heard it run, but its a work of art....
setting and balancing 4 carbs must be a pain... Imagine snapping the throttle cable on a dark night.. :(
Scarborough Col

Postby ian i.o.w » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 pm

some nice pics there col glad you had a good time thanks for posting them :D
ian i.o.w

Return to UK Rallies & Events