LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lincoln National Rally -thank-you

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Lincoln National Rally -thank-you

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:07 am

I took a day trip to Lincoln on Saturday from Ipswich, leaving at 7am and arriving just before 10.

I had a great day, met lots of friends, shared a few stories and soaked up the atmosphere in the sunshine.

I'd just like to say thank-you to the officers of the LCGB for all their hard work in making the excellent and spacious Lincoln show-ground such a relaxed environment for the rally. The sprint and scoota-cross were really interesting additions to the rally.

Thanks LCGB. I really enjoyed the day out.
Knowledge

Re: Lincoln National Rally -thank-you

Postby Jim Rose » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:17 am

Well done LCGB another great rally. Thanks for organising such good weather
Jim Rose

Postby gaz_powell » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:59 am

Yep - well done LCGB
gaz_powell

Postby neil64 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Yeah travelled up from south leicestershire ,lovely ride sunshine all the way, good clean site, great atmosphere and got back home safely.thanks lcgb.
neil64

Postby dan66 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 am

Great rally Lcgb
Great location and plenty going on sprinting
Dyno c
Custom show
Scooter scramble
Bands DJs
Great value too
See you all at the Derby 150
dan66

Postby speedy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:50 pm

I went on the Friday and returned home Saturday afternoon as I had to work sat night. Personally I am not a fan of any showground rally in fairness, but congrats to the LCGB on creating a very varied event with plenty for everyone to enjoy. :D . It's the captive audience thing with showground owners that slaps a bit, Newark was the same to be fair. Didn't stop me drinking though :D . Heard several moaning about the £22 admission fee.........Perhaps they should of been at Lincoln the same weekend we went to Kelso, when the Harley Davidson lot were there and their charge was SEVENTY FIVE POUNDS PER PERSON, whether you day tripped or stayed for the weekend. :shock: You just can't please some folk :roll: My only gripe was the lack of parts dealers there, but perhaps this is down to the fact that there were two national rallies back to back in the same county, so maybe some dealers didn't want to come twice. So congrats on pitting on a well organised event. It even made the news on Lincs fm radio. :lol:
speedy

Postby xenia1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Really wanted to be at this one, too much distance involved for the short time i could be away sadly. Always a great venue Lincoln showground..hopefully next year... ;)
xenia1

Postby pompeyts1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:14 am

had a cracking time...rode up from portsmouth .....and the lcgb even booked the sunshine.......oh and the lad with the flip flop issues on sat night in the main room was one of our lot (if you saw him you'll know) ..pmsl
pompeyts1

Postby Kev Fox » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:09 am

pompeyts1 wrote:had a cracking time...rode up from portsmouth .....and the lcgb even booked the sunshine.......oh and the lad with the flip flop issues on sat night in the main room was one of our lot (if you saw him you'll know) ..pmsl

He was a talking point amongst our crowd sunday morning. :lol:
Kev Fox

Postby Scooterlam » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:27 pm

pompeyts1 wrote:had a cracking time...rode up from portsmouth .....and the lcgb even booked the sunshine.......oh and the lad with the flip flop issues on sat night in the main room was one of our lot (if you saw him you'll know) ..pmsl

Was you on the A3 near guildFord around 9 ish.
Saw 3 heading north making good speed.
Scooterlam

Postby pompeyts1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 pm

yes that was us....left pompey about 8 ish.....great truoble free ride all the way up ....:)
pompeyts1

Return to UK Rallies & Events