LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Newark

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Newark

Postby Tractorman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Anyone know what time the gates open for day trippers on Saturday at Newark, please?
Tractorman

Re: Newark

Postby trev t » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm

DAVE IF YOU GET THERE FOR 0700 SOME ONE WILL LET YOU IN MATEY..
trev t

Postby Tractorman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 pm

i meant the parts fair and custom show, Trev
Tractorman

Postby speedy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:50 pm

It opens at ten for the public regards the custom show, but the parts fair should be around 09.00am. It's all inside in the halls.cheers,Speedy. :D
speedy

Postby Tractorman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 am

speedy wrote:It opens at ten for the public regards the custom show, but the parts fair should be around 09.00am. It's all inside in the halls.cheers,Speedy. :D

Thanks, speedy
Tractorman

Postby disco » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 pm

09.00!!! :roll:
I wont be open for that time!!! Im having a beer or 2 fri night. :D
Oh and ive got the signing on forms for the LCGB BSM
disco

Postby Toot » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 pm

disco wrote:09.00!!! :roll:
I wont be open for that time!!! Im having a beer or 2 fri night. :D
Oh and ive got the signing on forms for the LCGB BSM

Well don't be surprised if you have a gathering around the stall why you're trying to get set up, pestering you to sign on, if you're not up and sorted by then!!! :lol: :lol:
Toot

Postby speedy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Not been able to do anything since Kelso, so am really looking forward to this now. :D . Hopefully there may even be someone selling a nice rear shocker and not just hats. I don't need a hat, but alas , I do need a shocker. :roll:
speedy

Postby terryj » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm

think you have more chance of a hat
terryj

Postby Donnie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:08 pm

LOL, well im just looking forward to the craic :-)
Donnie

Postby terryj » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:40 pm

cracking rally well done to all concerned

only moan i could have is paying £1.80 for a cup of tea meals were dear but worth the money
terryj

Postby Donnie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:22 pm

you must have had different meals than me then if you thought they were worth the money :-/ £8.80 for a full english? £3.80 for a pint of fosters?
Donnie

Postby terryj » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:41 pm

only ever buy 1 pint to get the glass then car is parked outside with a boot full of tins just pop out for a fag break and i dont smoke and fill up

yes food was dear but have had cheaper and its ended up uneatable phoenix nights was a few quid cheaper for a full english but god knows what part of the pig they used for the sausage and bacon but it was un eatable the sausage was like mush
terryj

Postby soullad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:06 pm

terryj wrote:only ever buy 1 pint to get the glass then car is parked outside with a boot full of tins just pop out for a fag break and i dont smoke and fill up

yes food was dear but have had cheaper and its ended up uneatable phoenix nights was a few quid cheaper for a full english but god knows what part of the pig they used for the sausage and bacon but it was un eatable the sausage was like mush

:shock: :shock: :shock:
soullad

Postby a.lo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 pm

a few people were balking at the price of the brekky, i didnt know what it was going to cost until i payed, but i have to say i thought it was really nice. didnt have sausages though, i never buy "catering" sausages ;)
a.lo

Postby Donnie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Im biting my tongue 8-) 8-)
Donnie

Postby jonashford » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Donnie wrote:Im biting my tongue 8-) 8-)

Well I wont!

I was originally going to day trip this event on saturday, with the travelling to the euro on monday, but as it was a nice day and not to far from me I decided kind of last minute, to camp over on the friday and come home saturday, add a bit more support to the event!!!.

I normally pack some of my beloved speckled hen but it was a rush departure and a warm day so I didnt bother and just thought Id pay a bit more at the venue instead.

How pissed off I was is difficult to put in words when I had set my tent up and asked directions to the bar only to be told there wasnt any open, it was just before 6pm! Have i warped back in to the 80's? Back to crappy opening hours? Am I not at a national scooter rally at a major showground with at least already 200 people? altho not many scooters as usual they out were weighed by vans and cars! They were ok they had loaded up theyre boots with beer from the supermarkets Whilst I hadnt bought any, my mistake.!!!

FFS wat a load of shite!

I know Ill have something to eat as I had been at work till just before I set off I hadnt eaten all day. Another joyous surprise, there was only 1 burger van selling, chips, burgers and hotdogs!

There was a small mobile shop which to be fair had kept the prices low and IMO opinion hadnt taken the piss, £2.50 for a bottle of bulmers was reasonable but they didnt have any beer just girly lager and bulmers.

Anyway I lasted till 8pm when the bar opened hahaha, if you look on the official flyer it states "Late Bars" they were exactly that. They didnt open till late!!!

Also the toilet situation was a joke. A power cut in the northern room, & the bar there was a joke too! Nowhere open to get a coffee until 7.30 am either.

I suppose the organisers will try to excuse the reason for these mistakes but there isnt any as far as im concerned. I wont be going back to this venue for a scooter rally again.

The rest of the event seemed to go quite well, plenty of camping, dealers and other things going on.

A scooter rally where you cant get a beer at 6 oclock in the evening !!!!!
jonashford

Postby bsso78 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Well the solution to a scooter rally where the bar doesn't open til 6 appears to be go in your car with a boot full of beer and nip outside to fill up the glass you got with the first and only pint you intend to buy all weekend. Thus leaving the poor sods who have travelled there, to a scooter rally, on a scooter, and haven't got the capacity to carry several gallons of ale to pick up the cost of a massive shortfall behind the bar. Oh yeah and the same goes for pulling a BBQ out of the boot. Its not rocket science is it?
bsso78

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:52 pm

^ I agree with all that's said above especially £1.80 for a T bag and some hot water. Toilets were abysmal on the campsite and were a long way from the camping. Half an hour to get served in the Northern Room.

Having said all that a rally is what you make it and the fantastic company I had makes it all worthwhile, you know who you are. Weather was fab and the ride there and back is what does it for me.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Cec DHSC » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:00 pm

jonashford wrote:
Donnie wrote:Im biting my tongue 8-) 8-)

Well I wont!

I was originally going to day trip this event on saturday, with the travelling to the euro on monday, but as it was a nice day and not to far from me I decided kind of last minute, to camp over on the friday and come home saturday, add a bit more support to the event!!!.

I normally pack some of my beloved speckled hen but it was a rush departure and a warm day so I didnt bother and just thought Id pay a bit more at the venue instead.

How pissed off I was is difficult to put in words when I had set my tent up and asked directions to the bar only to be told there wasnt any open, it was just before 6pm! Have i warped back in to the 80's? Back to crappy opening hours? Am I not at a national scooter rally at a major showground with at least already 200 people? altho not many scooters as usual they out were weighed by vans and cars! They were ok they had loaded up theyre boots with beer from the supermarkets Whilst I hadnt bought any, my mistake.!!!

FFS wat a load of shite!

I know Ill have something to eat as I had been at work till just before I set off I hadnt eaten all day. Another joyous surprise, there was only 1 burger van selling, chips, burgers and hotdogs!

There was a small mobile shop which to be fair had kept the prices low and IMO opinion hadnt taken the piss, £2.50 for a bottle of bulmers was reasonable but they didnt have any beer just girly lager and bulmers.

Anyway I lasted till 8pm when the bar opened hahaha, if you look on the official flyer it states "Late Bars" they were exactly that. They didnt open till late!!!

Also the toilet situation was a joke. A power cut in the northern room, & the bar there was a joke too! Nowhere open to get a coffee until 7.30 am either.

I suppose the organisers will try to excuse the reason for these mistakes but there isnt any as far as im concerned. I wont be going back to this venue for a scooter rally again.

The rest of the event seemed to go quite well, plenty of camping, dealers and other things going on.

A scooter rally where you cant get a beer at 6 oclock in the evening !!!!!

Get off the fence Jon and say what you mean :lol:
Cec DHSC

Next

Return to UK Rallies & Events