LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Derby 150

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Derby 150

Postby Tractorman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:42 am

Great run on Saturday at the Derby 150, thank you LCGB for organising it.
Tractorman

Re: Derby 150

Postby bike grim » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Brilliant weekend. Well done Steve G and Team.
bike grim

Postby Eden » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:28 pm

agreed, thats what all rallies should be like, out all day playing on good roads and seeing Lambrettas all day along the route.
Fantastic :D
Eden

Postby northernpete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Fantastic weekend.......many thanks to all concerned !! :P
northernpete

Postby Kev Fox » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Had a great weekend. Some brilliant roads with spectacular scenery and we think we managed the official route in its entirety. Some nice sweeping roads and then some more challenging roads around Edale. Weather was good until we got caught in the downpour. Couldn't see a thing so ended up taking cover in a bus shelter soon to be joined by some lads from Lincoln & Newark :lol: . The roads around Dovedale then became running rivers which added to the adventure.
All in all a great weekend was had although shattered now. Thanks to Steve Grant and all those who made it happen.
Love events like this and Coast2Coast.
Kev Fox

Postby terryj » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:35 pm

brilliant weekend and ride out
going to do the route again with the wife n the car so she can see why I was having kittens half the time
brilliant roads to ride with scenery to match
terryj

Postby northernpete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Someone was taking photos as we climbed thru Chatsworth House....any ideas who it might be? :?:
northernpete

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:44 pm

All the above positive comments and I'd also like to mention the staff at the Rugby Club too. Always chatty and always showing a genuine interest in what we were doing.

I did love seeing the Vegas buzzing around all day. Not always going in the same direction as I was but moving pretty quick all the same :D

Thanks to all who organised this in the club and who were very active on the day to make it all go smoothly - van drivers, sticker giver outers etc.
Storkfoot

Postby Solid Air » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Our group from Cambridge all had a great time both on the road and in the bar. Many thanks to the LCGB organisers and the rugby club staff, a well thought out and organised event... and all for only £20!! 8-)

Cheers
Solid Air

Postby soullad » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Great weekend.
Well done LCGB, Derby & District and Steve in particular, well done mate.
i can really be appreciate the work involved, but if it is possible then more of the same please.
As for the boozer with £1.80 pints .......
soullad

Postby steveg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 pm

northernpete wrote:Someone was taking photos as we climbed thru Chatsworth House....any ideas who it might be? :?:

Yeah I organised that and we will be using the pictures when Linda Bedson has chance to do something wit them so look out for that (sure we'll let you know)
steveg

Postby Nelly » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Great weekend had by the Darlington bunch. Thanks to everyone who dug deep for the charity badges, it was me going round flogging them on Friday night in the Rugby club. I think they all sold out over the weekend, correct me if I'm wrong Martin.
Enjoyed the ride out, shame about the drenching :lol:
Thanks to the organisers, well done.
Nelly

Postby Stuart-L » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Many thanks to the LCGB, Steve Grant & Derby & District for organising and hosting an outstanding event :-)

Exactly what the LCGB is about, for me :-)

My riding partner ScooterSi and I even managed to avoid the downpour as we'd stopped for tea and scones in Ashbourne at precisely the right time!
Stuart-L

Location: Surrey. Old Forum ID: Spirit of '79, LCGB Member since 1980

Postby Eden » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm

we had some fun trying to keep all of our lot together over the route, we managed it to the half way point then after that we slowly dwindled down into various groups. Most of us managed to do the full route which tbh with our track record for getting lost was a miracle :lol:

Eden

Postby Tractorman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Eden wrote:we had some fun trying to keep all of our lot together over the route, we managed it to the half way point then after that we slowly dwindled down into various groups. Most of us managed to do the full route which tbh with our track record for getting lost was a miracle :lol:

Excellent video, Eden.
Tractorman

Postby Eden » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Tractorman, I've got some footage of you :)

tractor1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eden

Postby northernpete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:50 pm

steveg wrote:
northernpete wrote:Someone was taking photos as we climbed thru Chatsworth House....any ideas who it might be? :?:

Yeah I organised that and we will be using the pictures when Linda Bedson has chance to do something wit them so look out for that (sure we'll let you know)

northernpete

Postby Scooterlam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Well, I thought it was pants.
I only counted 3 mirrors all weekend, and who's silly idea was it to make the ride out so long.
I thought there was a rule about not having to refuel.
Then it rained and the colours ran in my boating blazer, my iitalian knitwear shrunk any my Jam shoes are ruined.
All that country side I's all right but the ride out missed any city centre where I could admire my look in the shop Windows.
The evening do lacked a jam tribute band and the Dj played tunes people knew and liked, clearly an amature.
The Saterday breakfast rolls were obviously drugged because everyone I saw on the ride out had a silly grin on their face.

Hoping for better at the Isle ofWight.
Scooterlam

Postby peejay » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:16 am

Tractorman wrote:Great run on Saturday at the Derby 150, thank you LCGB for organising it.

thanks for being our tour guide Dave and thanks to Derby & District for organising a cracking event :D :D

PeeJay & Phil
peejay

Postby steveiow » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 am

Scooterlam wrote:Well, I thought it was pants.
I only counted 3 mirrors all weekend, and who's silly idea was it to make the ride out so long.
I thought there was a rule about not having to refuel.
Then it rained and the colours ran in my boating blazer, my iitalian knitwear shrunk any my Jam shoes are ruined.
All that country side I's all right but the ride out missed any city centre where I could admire my look in the shop Windows.
The evening do lacked a jam tribute band and the Dj played tunes people knew and liked, clearly an amature.
The Saterday breakfast rolls were obviously drugged because everyone I saw on the ride out had a silly grin on their face.

Hoping for better at the Isle ofWight.

Brilliant :D
steveiow

Next

Return to UK Rallies & Events