LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LCGB rally dates, 2016

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Re: LCGB rally dates, 2016

Postby jonashford » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:31 pm

steveg wrote:First of all I have to state that I am not the championship controller, that honour (burden) lies with Craig Standeven. Over recent years we as a committee (on behalf of the members) have tried to introduce new and diverse events to keep the BSM fresh. This means that some events will have to be rested from time to time to allow others to be be tried. Last year I heard lots of people bemoan the fact that Shipston wasn't on the calendar, this year it's back, but that means that something else has to give. In addition to Shipston we have tried to introduce some exciting new venues, as well as revisiting some old favourites that haven't been included for many years.

Now for a personal opinion; for many years I attended the Isle of Wight. Eventually I found that an event which had once been one of the highlights of my scootering year became stale (for me). So I gave it a rest and then went back reinvigorated. We want to try and avoid that scenario with our rallies as far as we can, by not just sticking with the same events.

Please have a look at the calendar, decide which rallies appeal to you and enjoy riding your scooter, because that's what it's all about

Craig does a very good job of it too, great set of events to attend this year
jonashford

Postby Scooterlam » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:29 pm

MickYork wrote:Quote: "There has been a pattern of the traditional route C2C being a Bi-annual event. so there's no change."

Last year was from Saltburn, the year before Seahouses and Redcar the year before that, unless i'm mistaken that's turned it into a yearly event.

Bit disappointed with no C2C and it niggles a bit more when a thread was asking for the exact date, pity no one enlightened us and stopped the guesswork to say it wasn't happening.

Bit of confusion,
The "Tradiditional" C2C for me is and always will be the coastline around redcar to St Bees, as per the walk its named after.
Last year's route was in my opinion the ultimate ride.

With out wanting to state the obvious, there's nothing stopping anyone riding where they like when they like.
Scooterlam

Postby corrado » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm

steveg wrote: Please have a look at the calendar, decide which rallies appeal to you and enjoy riding your scooter, because that's what it's all about

Well said Steve. 8-)
corrado

Postby fatfck » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Is shipston just a Saturday night this year ?
fatfck

Postby Kev Fox » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:43 pm

After last year I have to say the first two events I looked for were C2C & Derbyshire150 (or similar) :( . Obviously disappointed at first look down the list. A deeper look at the list makes interesting viewing though. Llangollen 2013 was a wonderful ride for me up the English/Welsh border from the Midlands. South Downs too is a great ride. Mull, Malton & Shipston should be great weekends. I guess on second viewing that looks a good calendar :D .
Kev Fox

Postby Toot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

fatfck wrote:Is shipston just a Saturday night this year ?

No, all Members Rallies are Friday through to Sunday. (And I can't think that any of the events on the 2016 list are not also the same).
Toot

Postby Nigel. S » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Shipston same weekend as end of family holiday!!!! AAAARGGHHHHH!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already been looking at routes to Mull. :D
I'm sure that alone will make up for no C2C.
Nigel. S

Postby Mr G in NYC » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

All look good and enticing to me . Roll on the Euro :D 8-) G.
Mr G in NYC

Postby Donnie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Knowledge wrote:
Yes im disappointed that there's no CTC this year but actually then i've looked at all the other runs and there's quite a few I want to do, would love to do Mull but would need a week off to do that from here :-(

The other factor that may have had a significant effect on the decision to not hold the C2C in 2016 is the early Easter weekend, leaving little time to squeeze it into the scooter calendar. I am sure the C2C will be back next year, and perhaps with a clever new route to keep it all fresh.

I do feel that the 2016 LCGB calendar has captured the principle of the GREAT BRITAIN aspect of the club's name.

Don't get me wrong Martin, Im not specifically complaining, frankly last years C2C was my first, hell I would do the exact same route again and love it, though maybe not a third year in a row :-)

Im actually planning doing more rallies for myself this year and not with others from my local club(s) as they're all (mostly) getting lazy so only way i'll get my kicks is to go my own way.
Donnie

Postby bamrattle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:34 am

South downs. Let's see the southerners get there scoots out this time and support it.. Last time it was organised there were more northerners than southerners taking part.
bamrattle

Postby mainstand » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:13 am

In the four clubs within a 15 mile radius of my area, I could count all the lcgb members and I wouldn't even run out of fingers. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless of where people ride from.
mainstand

Postby peejay » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:58 am

bamrattle wrote:South downs. Let's see the southerners get there scoots out this time and support it.. Last time it was organised there were more northerners than southerners taking part.

i thought the BSM was a northern thing Trev ;)
peejay

Postby NorthernJordan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:13 pm

I think the list looks excellent. Great to see some more events in the rest of Britain, and I hope this continues.
Shame about the C2C, always a favourite event... But it'll be great to hopefully get back to it next year, and the buzz will be fantastic!

The thing that's annoying is how close together some of the best rallies! :D
NorthernJordan

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:11 pm

peter357bikes wrote:no ctc rally.....incredible considering its popularity.beggars belief really

It Beggars Belief that some people are complaining about the changes to this years Rally list!!!!!!!!!
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby mark1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:29 pm

I think it's an excellent list. Well done all involved.
mark1

Postby terryj » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:21 am

love the changes on the list

i assume if people love riding the c2c they can still just do it on their own or with friends just for the fun of it without waiting for the lcgb to set one up
terryj

Postby Paulnobodyimportant » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 pm

I don't have the time to do too many weekend rallies, but looking at the list there are a few new locations that mean a few of us can go there and back in a day and enjoy the ride, which is good news.

Pity about C2C but can understand problems with flood damaged roads, as our local area has also been hit. However, the South Downs one looks a good one, will try and muster up a few of us to give it a go. As for Euro, will be doing this for the first time, so looking forward to that one.

But overall, looks like a great list of events for me and others.
Paulnobodyimportant

Postby fatfck » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Toot wrote:
fatfck wrote:Is shipston just a Saturday night this year ?

No, all Members Rallies are Friday through to Sunday. (And I can't think that any of the events on the 2016 list are not also the same).

Thank you
fatfck

Postby ian i.o.w » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi Andy we having a meeting tonight and going to mention this event i think we might make your 15 mile radius if we do mate you need some more fingers :lol:
ian i.o.w

Postby mainstand » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Alright mate, hope you are well.

(that 15 miles didn't include water) :)
mainstand

PreviousNext

Return to UK Rallies & Events