LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LCGB rally dates, 2016

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

LCGB rally dates, 2016

Postby Knowledge » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Sorry if I am stealing anyone's thunder here, but these are the dates for your 2016 calendar.

◾5-6 March: Modrapheniacs, Dorset
◾25-28 March [Easter BH]: Whitby
◾9-10 April: Members’ Rally, Llangollen
◾23-24 April: South Downs Ride
◾29 April – 2 May [May Day BH]: Tenby
◾7-8 May: Flying 8 Balls Rally
◾21-22 May: Essex Rally
◾27-30 May [Spring BH]: Kelso
◾4-5 June: Members’ Rally, Malton
◾17-19 June: Tonbridge
◾25-26 June: EuroLambretta, Germany
◾8-10 July: Cleethorpes
◾16-17 July: Tan Hill Inn
◾23-24 July: Members’ Rally, Isle of Mull
◾29-31st July: Exmouth
◾6-7 August: Wisemen SC Rally
◾13-14 August: Members’ Rally, Shipston
◾26-29 August [August BH]: Isle of Wight
◾3-4 September: Mersea Island
◾10-11 September: York SC Rally
◾17-18 September: 4 Nations Rally, Ireland
◾23-26th September: Woolacombe
◾28-30 October: Bridlington Show

There are some really interesting dates here. Two in Wales, two in Scotland, no C2C, but replaced with a South Downs Ride, the return of Shipston and Tan Hill. Wow. Great events.

I can't wait.

(Mods, delete and replace this with the official post if you wish, but I was too excited to wait for another to post)
Knowledge

Re: LCGB rally dates, 2016

Postby bike grim » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Ace..can't wait. Won't be able to do it all but will endeavour to do all of the members rally and some more including the Euro. Llangollen not far from me so will have to do the South Downs ride as well.
bike grim

Postby peter357bikes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:13 am

no ctc rally.....incredible considering its popularity.beggars belief really
peter357bikes

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:29 am

Tidy... Praps a west country c2c next year if next years agm agrees... :)
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 am

peter357bikes wrote:no ctc rally.....incredible considering its popularity.beggars belief really

Alternatively, why not freshen things up and do something different. To me, there are some great locations for members' rallies.

Getting to Mull and back will be a challenge for many of us :-)
Storkfoot

Postby Scooterlam » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:43 am

There has been a pattern of the traditional route C2C being a Bi-annual event. so there's no change.
If you want to get out on the highway, looking for adventure. :lol: there's an event on in August called the North Coast 500.
Or there's the South Downs Run
125 miles through the country's newest National Park.
Scooterlam

Postby MickYork » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 am

Quote: "There has been a pattern of the traditional route C2C being a Bi-annual event. so there's no change."

Last year was from Saltburn, the year before Seahouses and Redcar the year before that, unless i'm mistaken that's turned it into a yearly event.

Bit disappointed with no C2C and it niggles a bit more when a thread was asking for the exact date, pity no one enlightened us and stopped the guesswork to say it wasn't happening.
MickYork

Postby peejay » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:36 am

peter357bikes wrote:no ctc rally.....incredible considering its popularity.beggars belief really

is it just possible that all the flooding may have damaged so many roads and bridges that would have been used that it made it inpractical to run?
peejay

Postby Cgt75b » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Mick

That was me who asked for the exact date, I had heard on the quiet it wasn't happening which is a shame and will dissapoint a lot of people including myself. The first C2c I attended the nuclear run there was a handful of people on it

I think it has out grown itself but who knows ?

Try the Welsh C2c mate.

Just to add

The committee obviously had there reasons for it. Not wishing to dis anyone they have a very difficult and challenging task trying to please everyone. They do a sterling job on the whole so thanks.

Enjoy the rallies whichever one's you decide to do. I wil be doing one or two depending on time off/money.
Last edited by Cgt75b on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cgt75b

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 am

Mixing it up seems healthy. There is regular criticism of the BSRA rallies for not having enough variety, yet when the LCGB drop a popular event to try something new, it produces negative comments.

I appreciate that you can't please all the people all of the time, but such decisions do spread the burden of organising such events. This has the effect of increasing the gene-pool of club members capable of organising club events (like D&DSC last year) for the LCGB.

This decision is for the better long-term health of the club.
Knowledge

Postby Cgt75b » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:00 am

Knowledge wrote:Mixing it up seems healthy. There is regular criticism of the BSRA rallies for not having enough variety, yet when the LCGB drop a popular event to try something new, it produces negative comments.

I appreciate that you can't please all the people all of the time, but such decisions do spread the burden of organising such events. This has the effect of increasing the gene-pool of club members capable of organising club events (like D&DSC last year) for the LCGB.

This decision is for the better long-term health of the club.

The long term health of the club come on. Correct me if I'm wrong is it not the largest lambretta club in the world! The club has never been as healthy.

What are the club after total domination?
Cgt75b

Postby Donnie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:04 am

Cgt75b wrote:
The long term health of the club come on. Correct me if I'm wrong is it not the largest lambretta club in the world! The club has never been as healthy.

What are the club after total domination?

I see what you are saying but the flip side is that keeping the status quo would be like the club sitting on it's laurels to be fair.

Yes im disappointed that there's no CTC this year but actually then i've looked at all the other runs and there's quite a few I want to do, would love to do Mull but would need a week off to do that from here :-(
Donnie

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:38 am

Cgt75b wrote:The long term health of the club come on. Correct me if I'm wrong is it not the largest lambretta club in the world! The club has never been as healthy.

What are the club after, total domination?

You misinterpret my comment. By health of the club, I meant the vitality of the club, promoting different ways of thinking about how the club delivers ridden events to its members. I am fully behind any decision that gets members on their scooters, and altering the locations of events so it captures new catchment areas will help to make rallies accessible to those who haven't thought of attending an LCGB rally, or even a scooter rally at all.

I suspect that less than 10% of the club attended an LCGB members rally last year, and that is a shame, because we both know what great events they are.

I agree with your comment that the club has never been so healthy, but things need a bit of a mix-up before it is accused of being the same-old same-old every year.
Last edited by Knowledge on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:48 am

Yes im disappointed that there's no CTC this year but actually then i've looked at all the other runs and there's quite a few I want to do, would love to do Mull but would need a week off to do that from here :-(

The other factor that may have had a significant effect on the decision to not hold the C2C in 2016 is the early Easter weekend, leaving little time to squeeze it into the scooter calendar. I am sure the C2C will be back next year, and perhaps with a clever new route to keep it all fresh.

I do feel that the 2016 LCGB calendar has captured the principle of the GREAT BRITAIN aspect of the club's name.
Knowledge

Postby jonashford » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Fantastic list of rallies far and wide :)
jonashford

Postby MickYork » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Not wanting to grumble or start an argument...but.....the Malton and York venues seem strange decisions with only 15 miles between them ? I wonder what the thinking was behind the 2 events ?

Isle of Mull would have been a cracking event but what with the Euro (and possibly 4 Nations) time off work and cost will rule this one out :(
MickYork

Postby Jim Rose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:16 pm

I've just got back from the AGM and was initially disapointed about the C2C and the Derby 150 not being on the list. Looking at it again the disapointment went because there are new and interesting places to go.

One of the reasons I dislike the Nationals is because the venues don't change very often and one UK Seaside resort is interchangerble with everyone else. It seems we are lucky as members of the LCGB because a core of good venues is being built up by the members and the committee. We have a wider choice (all of them cannot be covered each year) by mixing them around every year there is less chance of them becoming stale.

Like most members I'm now looking at the calendar to see what I can fit in. I've already been shouted at because I want to go to the Wisemans do and that is on our wedding anniversary! Whoops
Jim Rose

Postby Toot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Just to clarify a query about a northern C2C this year, although there are at least two 'new' members rally destinations (three if you include the 4 Nations) for members to decide if they would like to attend in 2016, if a typical North East to North West C2C had have been decided on by the Committee for this year, given the situation throughout Cumbria since the early December floods, we would have looked to put on an alternative event regardless.

Although the TV camera's have long since gone, there are still up to 20 bridges closed off or fallen (demolished) in Cumbria during the floods and the main A591 (a road that has been used by members riding across in most of the last few C2C's) is unlikely to be repaired and passable until the summer.

It's difficult enough for the locals to plan how to travel around Cumbria, add 300+ Lambretta riders into the mix and it spells absolute chaos!!

I'm sure that once the further details of the members rallies (along with the Affiliated Club events, and the various Nationals) are set out in Jetset, there will be more than enough variety for those that want to travel the UK on their Lambretta's and take part in the BSM
Toot

Postby peejay » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:04 pm

hi peeps
i think it's a cracking calendar and worthy of high praise to all the members that actually will be involved in putting it all on for us.

thanks guys :D 8-)

PeeJay
peejay

Postby steveg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:11 pm

First of all I have to state that I am not the championship controller, that honour (burden) lies with Craig Standeven. Over recent years we as a committee (on behalf of the members) have tried to introduce new and diverse events to keep the BSM fresh. This means that some events will have to be rested from time to time to allow others to be be tried. Last year I heard lots of people bemoan the fact that Shipston wasn't on the calendar, this year it's back, but that means that something else has to give. In addition to Shipston we have tried to introduce some exciting new venues, as well as revisiting some old favourites that haven't been included for many years.

Now for a personal opinion; for many years I attended the Isle of Wight. Eventually I found that an event which had once been one of the highlights of my scootering year became stale (for me). So I gave it a rest and then went back reinvigorated. We want to try and avoid that scenario with our rallies as far as we can, by not just sticking with the same events.

Please have a look at the calendar, decide which rallies appeal to you and enjoy riding your scooter, because that's what it's all about
steveg

Next

Return to UK Rallies & Events