LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

SDR Thanks

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

SDR Thanks

Postby Scooterlam » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:06 am

A massive thank you to all that supported this event. Thanks to Craig and the committee for having the confidence that we could pull this off.
Thanks to all those that attended, your Patience and enthusiasm was appreciated.
For those that like a stat or two, We sold over 200 tickets, roughly 140 signed on at the lunch stop and 160+ eat there.
I haven't heard of anyone needing recovery by the sweeper van, but I could be wrong.
As we stated any surplus funds from the event would be donated to the LCGB charity, This will be around £1,000.
The personal high point for me was seeing the happy chaos in the car park as people set off and others arrived also when I spoke to a few people there for whom this was there first LCGB type event, the feed back was they were pleased to go to something that wasn't music based and centred around riding scooters. some where already members that didn't take part in our events and some would be joining.
So thanks to you all, you made it work.
Scooterlam

Re: SDR Thanks

Postby peejay » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 am

thanks for the info Derek.
sounds like the LCGB is gonna get some more members then, it would be great if they are southern based as well.
many thanks for all the efforts put into the running of the event :D
peejay

Postby Nudger » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:45 am

Yep - a big thanks to all involved in the set up of this event.
Nudger

Postby mainstand » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Scooterlam wrote:A massive thank you to all that supported this event. Thanks to Craig and the committee for having the confidence that we could pull this off.
Thanks to all those that attended, your Patience and enthusiasm was appreciated.
For those that like a stat or two, We sold over 200 tickets, roughly 140 signed on at the lunch stop and 160+ eat there.
I haven't heard of anyone needing recovery by the sweeper van, but I could be wrong.
As we stated any surplus funds from the event would be donated to the LCGB charity, This will be around £1,000.
The personal high point for me was seeing the happy chaos in the car park as people set off and others arrived also when I spoke to a few people there for whom this was there first LCGB type event, the feed back was they were pleased to go to something that wasn't music based and centred around riding scooters. some where already members that didn't take part in our events and some would be joining.
So thanks to you all, you made it work.

I can only echo whats already been said.

It's been proven there is huge interest in the south of England for LCGB riding events, long may it continue.

The van did collect one casualty. A heat seize. (don't ask, I wasn't there).
mainstand

Return to UK Rallies & Events