LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

C2C Start time and location

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

C2C Start time and location

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi
Does anyone know the official start time and start location in Seahouses on the Saturday morning?

This is my first time attempting C2C, so I wondered if anyone had any tips on items I should bring with me apart from my Lambretta and money?? Ha
Cheers
Luke
Luke

Re: C2C Start time and location

Postby Toot » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi Luke

The last time we started from the same location members started meeting up on the pier around the lifeboat station in Seahouses from 8am onwards Saturday morning and once everyone has signed on and received their free members event goodies/route planner we will aim to set off from around 10am onwards.

Full details will be in the next Jetset, due out 1st May.

Yourself, your Lambretta and money only needs supplemented with a few spares (just in case). I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Toot
Toot

Postby Mel K » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 am

A full tank is good too . Oh and some sunshine ☀️
Mel K

Postby coaster » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:43 am

As Toot says, you set off after you have signed on, you don't all go together. People tend to set off in groups or individually so if you aren't sure of the route it's a good idea to tag along with someone that does ;) I didn't on my first, got separated from my guide before we'd got out of the car park and ended up in Middlesborough :oops:

A decent detailed map is a good idea too especially when trying to find the roads leading to the Hardnott Pass if it's included this year (always a challenge). Treat yourself to a celebratory T shirt when you get to the finish 8-)
coaster

Postby Feersum Injun » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:24 am

Breakdown recovery number and a change of kecks should do!

On the last C2C I lost my group of riders (and navigator) almost immediately but just continued following everyone else... someone is bound to know the way! Got to the pub lunch before the rest of my group, they had some poor excuse that they'd taken the proper route... heh!
Feersum Injun

Postby bike grim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:34 am

Last time (Saltburn - St Bees) I didn't even make it out of the Cat Nab Carpark due to a stator failure. By the time I'd identified the problem everyone apart from 2 out of our group had buggered off so I had to call the van of shame. Lesson learned carry your own spares and tools to fix so you don't get stranded.
bike grim

Postby Feersum Injun » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 am

At least we know who will have a spare stator this year...!!! My stator gave up at St. Bees along with an impressive air leak at the head...
Feersum Injun

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks for the advice and sorry it took so long for me to get back!
Cheers
Luke
Luke

Return to UK Rallies & Events