LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Hedonism 21-23 April 2023

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Hedonism 21-23 April 2023

Postby GP Kevo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:19 pm

The Hedonism rally dates back to the 1980s but had disappeared for a number of years. It's back on the calendar for next Spring and it's one of a very few rallies that features camping. As far as I know it's a good old school California scooterist rally, primitive camping, no do or raffle scooter, etc, but a lot of drinking. There are motels near by and RV hookups for the inevitable ones who will carry their scooters to the rally. Each to their own, but for me, riding there and back is the main part of a rally anyhow. Besides, it's not very far away so it will be interesting to see how many will ride up.

Since COVID, motel prices have surged, and I for one can't really afford to drop $300 - $1,000 for accommodation for a weekend getaway. All I need to buy is a warm sleeping bag and a rear carrier extender, I've got everything else I need for California camping in the Spring.
Hedonism is held at Lake Isabella in the mountains above Bakersfield, California and features a rideout through the mountains much like we did at Bako in Bakersfield earlier this year.

GP Kevo

Re: Hedonism 21-23 April 2023

Postby GP Kevo » Thu May 11, 2023 7:40 pm

I went to the Hedonism rally but I forgot to bring my helmet cam. We met up in Bakersfield and rode up together into the mountains for camping.

Anyhow, it was a pretty good rally and there should be a write up in an upcoming JetSet magazine.

Here's a very short video shot from my phone, of the picturesque rally site:
GP Kevo

Return to International Rallies & Events