LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lambretta Club Los Angeles Summer Run

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Lambretta Club Los Angeles Summer Run

Postby GP Kevo » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:39 am

This was a run that I hosted, now a board member, or a vice president, of the LCLA. I don't think it's a real club, as I only know one other person who's in it. But Marv Mack is the President, and he asked me to organize day runs on the west side of LA, in the Santa Monica area. Marv made a nice facebook ad for the run, which was on 24 June. I sent out reminders each week. On the Saturday, I went to the meetup point, a 50s themed diner on Santa Monica Blvd that I had chosen, parked up, paid the meter and went in and ordered breakfast. I was there pretty early in case anyone arrived early. I had a massive omelet and many cups of coffee as I waited. The meeting time came and went, and I was about to leave when I heard the sound of a Lambretta approaching. Two more arrived as I was greeting the first arrival. All three Lambrettists were new people to me. That was plus. There was Josh, Gerry and Pete. We had coffee and talked, then it was time to ride. I'll leave out the first bit which was just us riding through traffic which was especially bad on the PCH, and start with Topanga pass.

I messed up on directions and led us onto Mulholland Highway instead of Mulholland Drive, but it worked out okay in the end.

Pete used to live in Malibu and had an idea to lead us to a fish & chip shop

But the chippy was too busy, so he led us to Malibu village

After some food and coffee, we were off back to Santa Monica

And arrived at Trip bar for a drink
GP Kevo

Return to International Rallies & Events