LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Biting off more than I can chew.

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Biting off more than I can chew.

Postby gaz_powell » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:06 pm

superb job

could you paint me one !!!????
gaz_powell

Postby mark1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:40 pm

gaz_powell wrote:superb job

could you paint me one !!!????

I'd love to have a crack at another paint job.

Thanks for all the comments.

Going to be in the garage all weekend so hopefully I'll be able to put some photo's on Sunday / Monday.

The engine cases should be ready to collect next weekend so I'll be making a trip upto Oiltek and I'll pay a visit to MB while I'm up that way to pick up some BGM kit.

Hopefully I can get it running and ready for registering by the end of September, I'm not saying which September though :lol:
mark1

Postby mark1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:35 pm

I've had a crack at building it up this weekend, I think my efforts can be described as one step forward and quite a few back. I've built the forks up and the wheel didn't line up right, stripped it checked everything and its still not right, the wheel isn't straight it's pointing from left to right in the forks. looks like I'll be stripping them again :cry:

Got the toolbox back from the welder, I can weld but didn't fancy welding a petrol tank up. I've got a twin tank set up on my cutdown but the connecting pipe has only got a 10mm diameter and takes ages to transfer over so I've put a 20mm pipe on this one

checked for fitting before spraying

I need to review my "trusted" dealer list, it's only about 5mm out

Toolbox on

Still waiting for the seat to come back before I can fit the tanks so just put the cables, mudguard and loom on.

The stand was a right bugger to get right, if I'm honest it still doesn't seem right. When it's down it's on just beyond vertical, does anyone know how many degrees it should sit at ?

A lot less done than I wanted but I think we all know that the world of Lambretta building doesn't run smoothly, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a bucket load of patience for the coming weeks
mark1

Postby gaz_powell » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:58 pm

keep battling on - you get good days and bad days - you are right its just a part of building lambrettas

knowing when to walkaway at the right time is one of the best things you learn - things often seem better/easier after a kip !!

ive been in garage today and got loads of little fiddle jobs done on my new build

good luck
gaz_powell

Postby nickw » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Feck me you have done an excellent job to get where you are now. I don't know of any angle they are designed to sit at.
The stand is always difficult to work out imho but you will probably be better off waiting for when the engine is in. Then you will be able to see how the front wheel sits from the ground and then work out what is wrong with it.
nickw

Postby scooterstu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:32 pm

That is fantastic
scooterstu

Postby bob » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Well done, you deserve a massive amount of credit for the quality of workmanship you have put in there. The sense of pride and satisfaction you will get when you get it on the road for the first time is going to make all your efforts more than worthwhile
bob

Postby johnspeed22/2 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 pm

The amount of work you have done all yourself is amazing you should be proud of yourself well done and be patient it will come together & keep the pics coming ;)

REF: the stand,

there are a lot of inferior ones out there that dont sit correctly especially ones that sit to high and have the wheel 1ft off the ground have a look at stickys book regarding the lugs on the stand and compare where they should be angle wise very good info.
johnspeed22/2

Postby mark1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I've been a busy boy over the last few weeks, unfortunately it's been a case of one step forward and two steps back. sometimes three :( Never, ever, EVER build an engine from bare cases. time and time again the build has stopped for a missing shim or washer.
I've decided to put this on the "wrong" side, hopefully if I need to get into the wiring I will have more room for my fat fingers to get in

The cases have come back from Oiltek, an absolutely fantastic jobhttp://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q ... 4953346683

A poorly scooter stops the build, and draws much needed funds.

All finished, back to the buid

The seat is back, very happy chap.

Twin tanks fitted.

Back to the engine,

The funds are very low so it's just a stage 4 200...... for now.

Engine in, missing washer and clip on the clutch arm means I can't fit the side casing.

forks in as well,

couldn't resist a quick trial fit.

This is where I had to admit defeat and seek professional help, as much as I tried I couldn't get the lights to work. I've fitted a bgm wassel ignition but couldn't find a decent DC ignition switch so under advice fitted a CASA AC switch. I just couldn't get the bugger to work so ended up taking it to NS Scooters to sort out. an hour later all the electrics are working as they should. isn't it
easy when you know what your doing lol.
Hours and hours spent on the garage floor is finally bringing some rewards.
So all the body work is fitted, the engine is in and running so it's now just to snagging items then hopefully I can get it MOT'd on Saturday, oh god there I go again setting deadlines :oops:

Fingers crossed for the next 5 days...and nights.
mark1

Postby Toddy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Looks Lovely mate love the colours as well
Toddy

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Beautiful!
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Frautzi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Stunning love the colours 8-)
Frautzi

Postby sherpadean » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:55 pm

A belter!!!!!! :D
sherpadean

Postby binksboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Great job!! Started mine will post some pics 8-)
binksboy

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride