LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

‘67 SX 150

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: ‘67 SX 150

Postby Storkfoot » Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm

Continuing the theme of tent views, here’s Kelso :D

Storkfoot

Postby GRTDKAD » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:51 am

Looks perfect. Another one saved, brilliant!
GRTDKAD

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:11 pm

On the way to the C2C, my crank seized badly at the big end. I’d like to blame the crank but, if I am honest and by the looks of the scoring marks on the mag housing, the crank had been catching on the Uni mag housing for quite a while. I had neglected to check the gap between crank and mag housing when building the engine :oops:

I already had a spare crank, a 58/110, or so I thought. Given that the big end bearing had broken up and deposited bits of metal into the bore, I decided a new piston was needed and a clean up of the cylinder head. Luckily, the bore was unscathed. New bearings and seals at the ready, the engine was rebuilt all the way to fitting the cylinder.

At this point, I discovered that the 58/110 crank I had been sold a few years before was a 60/116!

Crank out and away to have a 110 rod fitted ( I decided to keep it a 60). All back and rebuilt and, yesterday, I got to test it for air leaks. Initially, there was an air leak at the inlet manifold which I quickly discovered by some cheap Air Leak Detector that I got from Screwfix. It was certainly easier to spot leaks than the soapy water I’d used before.

My one concern is that I have had to tighten the jubilee clip on the manifold side tighter than I would normally like.

But, it is air tight.

Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride