LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Slow build

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Slow build

Postby Shaun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:49 pm

This has been on the backburner for about 2 years now,
Had the frame done and flashed with paint, fitted forks and then stuck in my lockup for a while.
Cleared the lockups and moved everything home, and decided its about time I cracked on and did something to it.
So this week, I built the front hub up (one handed as I am off work after a carpal tunnel operation), took a while, but I got there gripping things in the elbow joint and using my right hand to do the work:

Please excuse the dust, this will be a dry build and ride, then if I like it, I can strip and repaint over next winter, if I don't like it, I can shift it on and not have lost out on an expensive paint job :lol:

Engine will be the Mugello 186 out of my rusty Serveta, as I have swapped my Vega for a 225 Monza fast as feck complete engine to go in the Serveta.
So I will drop the 186 out, clean it mercifully and pop it in this, with an original under the kickstart matt black Fresco.

Forks came America on a shipment to Scootopia about 3 years ago, and fit this frame nicely after having the stem shortened:

I had them checked for strength, and rebuilt with new buffers etc.

The headset I chose is a 50's vespa Acma remake. but I like the looks, forks modified to take the headset.
Extra bits welded in the frame, are from a Nam bodge job I got from Kevspeed in wales a few years ago, and lots of J range forks donated the smaller curves to bridge the frame.
BSA bantam tank narrowed to fit the look I wanted, but only holds a small amount of fuel :roll:
I will see how I get on with looks over practicality :lol:

Now, I know chops aren't every ones cup of tea, but I had a load of frame parts and an old 80's chop tube with a logbook in the back of the garage.
Rebuilding it back into a full bodied TV200 would have cost a fortune, and not really been what I wanted, so it will be reborn as you see above.

This will be a slightly slower job than my Vega, as Its christmas and I am off sick :D
Shaun

Re: Slow build

Postby wellerchap » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 am

Good luck with it mate - and with the recovery.
wellerchap

Re: Slow build

Postby LateAgain » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Looks cool, keep at it.
LateAgain

Return to Show Your Ride